Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a good look for this but couldn't find much about whether the mirrors on the coupe are the same as the convert, given that the coupe one attaches to the windshield electronic package.

My mirror is showing slight loss of silvering at the top. Has anyone been into their mirror to the extent that they can advise on replacement? Do I need to try and find a coupe mirror? Help!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I had a good look for this but couldn't find much about whether the mirrors on the coupe are the same as the convert, given that the coupe one attaches to the windshield electronic package.

My mirror is showing slight loss of silvering at the top. Has anyone been into their mirror to the extent that they can advise on replacement? Do I need to try and find a coupe mirror? Help!
As to the silvering, there is not much you can do short of having it resilvered. I had the same problem with the top edge silvering and bought a new one on Ebay. It plugged right in and worked great. Dont know if the coupe mirror is the same or not but mine is a convertible and also plugs into the car. Also, you can't get a piece of mirrored glass cut to fit because the glass in the rear view mirror is much thicker at the top than at the bottom. A bit of useless information: The reason the front surface and the back surface of the glass is not parallel has something to do with refractive properties which make the non glare option possible. If you look closely at the mirror you can see the thickness difference in the glass. (I'm not really smart, I googled all that)

·
Super Moderator
6,474 Posts

I haven't seen anything about them being different, but do not have definitive knowledge. Generally the presence of an electronics package does not change the mirror, so if yours has the two map lights and has a "keystone" mounting claw, it is almost certainly the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts