1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's how mine look. Does it make the notice with the top off? If not take a small piece of cardboard and place it between the front latches and the stainless striker plate before you close them. Now see if the noise stops.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sirwm, didn't notice any rattles when I had my top off, when going down some bumping roads. By the way, got my soft top this week. First I had the UPS driver open the box, (box looked a little rough) before I signed for it. The top was fine, put it one today and took a drive to check for air leaks around the windows, didn't have to make any adjustments on the side rails. Will take SolNut recommending about lubing the seals before I put the hard top back on.

·
Registered
874 Posts
My coupe makes strange noises when the road is bumpy. :banghead:

I saw this thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f114/rattle-noise-targa-top-hard-top-68484/

so, today I took the top off for the first time.

Are the items in red in the photo below normal ? :huh:

These things sticking out ... -- it just looks odd to me...

Those are totally normal, they are needed there to act as alignment holes that you will find will make it much easier when you put the back pins into their slots (which are horizontal) and then drop the top right into those verticle holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.