Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Coupe soft top treatment

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chickenwire 
#1 ·
Has anyone treated the soft top? What did you use? The material is different then a roadster top. I hesitate to use the convertible top treatments, like Ragtop. I don’t intend to ever have my hardtop on again so want to keep soft top as nice as possible. I’m sure eventually I will need to have it redone in some sort of material??? What’s your thoughts?

#2 ·
Hi Mike,
I at one point had two soft tops. My first one I had recovered by JPM. I used regular Raggtopp convertible top products. Same as one uses on a roadster as the fabric that Joe recovered it in was the same. My second soft top was in the factory vinyl. I used the following from Raggtopp and was happy with results. Just made it shiny for a bit.
https://www.eshine.ca/products/raggtopp-vinyl-convertible-top-care-kit

As you know I sold my coupe but both soft tops happily live on with forum members.

Reactions: rob the elder
#3 · (Edited)
Nope, mine just sits on a shelve in the garage. Though now that I think about our basement might be better due to a consistent temperature. The only reason I can think to treat it would be if it was constantly exposed to sunlight. Or vinyl treatment that contain chemicals to keep the OEM vinyl supple too? But there's no stress on the vinyl since it's in the bag.

#4 ·
Raggtop and 303 both make a product (as well as others) specifically for vinyl. I have used Wolfgang trim sealant on my vinyl tonneau cover on my pickup and am happy with it.

If you're using it full time, a treatment will definitely extend it's life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.