Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
That completely works for me!! Wait.. do I get another half point for still owning a project MGA with a Pinto 2.0 OHC motor in it? (This points game is kinda confusing...lol ) 0:) :lurk:
1/2 point deducted for Pinto use!

And only if I get a couple of points for having two other MGAs one, stock and one with 3.4 GM engine (PS - as you are one of the few that knows the difference, the Mk 2 coupe is a Deluxe, not a Twin Cam).

·
Registered
170 Posts
:surprise: Yep, you have an amazing Fleet!

·
Registered
11 Posts
With only 1850 miles I should easily be able to get a couple thousand more than I paid for it. They were heavily discounted in the last few days of Pontiac. My 31K msrp coupe went for 21k. Hard to turn down a new coupe with 3 year warranty for only $21k, so I bought it. I don't need it, but fortunately have a place to store it. It looks really good in my garage next to the C6 Vette and Trailblazer SS, on the checkerboard tile floor.
It makes me a collector for very little money. :)
LJ

·
Registered
11 Posts
$10k off MSRP? Damn lucky!
Best I could do in Calif 4th of July 2009 was MSRP and zero % financing. I ignored the turbo because I knew I’d get into trouble. I regret it now as the 2.4 is a slouch, especially with the auto gears 3rd to 4th wide gap in ratio. V6 with 6speed is my dream.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
The two 2010, GXP, manuals, (Burgundy & Grey) that have been for sale for several years with prices increasing & decreasing from time to time, have increased again to $82,900 (that would be EACH).

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
While not in any sense 2010 models, they are prototypes for some features that might have been in that model year if GM hadn't tanked, so I am sure someone will someday buy them and keep them as rare exemplars. I still get a bit agitated when ignorant people claim that they are the last Kappas ever produced, though.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
I still get a bit agitated when ignorant people claim that they are the last Kappas ever produced, though.
Heh, heh, not even close, not even in the ballpark. But there are a bunch of know-it-alls out there that are convinced that cars are built by ascending VIN.

They were 2010 models, pre-production, built to make sure that the 2010 options and standard features were compatible with the assembly line they were using as well as all the tooling used on that line. The 30 cars were built in three main batches, the first on 4/21/2009 and the last on 5/28/2009.

Thank you for the chuckle. Have a great weekend!

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
And they are right thinking that. No normal thinking human being should expect that a 2008 , a 2009 and a 2010 car could be built in the same month :)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
And they are right thinking that. No normal thinking human being should expect that a 2008 , a 2009 and a 2010 car could be built in the same month :)
OK, I'll bite, which month would that be, starting on which date?

Curious minds and all that rot!

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Don't remember, sorry. Do remember my friends 2008 Tribute was built almost 2 years before my 2007 Solstice, go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here it is, a single thread dedicated to where where folks can civilly discuss the future value/collectibility of the coupe thread. Not to be confused w/threads that weren't created regarding value/collectibility.

Let the great debate begin!
We are thinking about selling our 2009 GXP coupe. Auto with 54k miles.
anyone here interested?

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Klauster: you need to supply more information. NA or GXP? Auto or manual? Serial number? Color? What are you asking for it??? Where is car located?

Reactions: easyryderca and GWM

·
Registered
170 Posts
1/2 point deducted for Pinto use!

And only if I get a couple of points for having two other MGAs one, stock and one with 3.4 GM engine (PS - as you are one of the few that knows the difference, the Mk 2 coupe is a Deluxe, not a Twin Cam).
So, have not been by in a while... I autocrossed the coupe locally in stock/AStreet class (SCCA) and won for the year against some Vettes and Porsches... However, the local match tour and the snuff by SCCA classing saying the Turbo kappas should stay there got me looking for some other weird quirky car to compete with in the same class that's faster than the coupe.. so, unintended to get 2, but the blue one will be sold eventually. I also really have no desire to sell the coupe at all..... maybe because it is infinitely easier to get in and out of!!
74841525_523818855066819_5410921939780763648_n.jpg

Reactions: RedOne07

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
awakening a sleeping thread... :D

it has just been reported that coupe 407 ( NA - auto ) is totaled as of Jan 7, 2021.

( link )

Notice the "actual cash value" at the bottom right of the photo.
What does this value represent ??

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
awakening a sleep thread... :D

it has just been reported that coupe 407 ( NA - auto ) is totaled as of Jan 7, 2021.

View attachment 111342

( link )

If it isn't the original price of the new car, I want some of whatever they are smoking. Don't think an automatic NA (lowest rung on the coupe ladder) would get anywhere near that, would it?

·
Super Moderator
8,036 Posts
awakening a sleep thread... :D

From IAAI:

Actual Cash Value (ACV) is the estimated retail value of a vehicle if it were in an undamaged condition. This information is provided to IAA by the seller and is based on industry resources such a Kelley Blue Book, Black Book, or an independent valuation service. The ACV is displayed for buyer information only. IAA does not represent the accuracy or validity of this value.
It is essentially meaningless.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts