Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any talk of how fellow solstice drivers will greet each other on the road? Like JEEP drivers give each other a lil signal when they go by or some cars flash highbeams at each other.....I was thinkin since this is SOL car maybe it should be like a peace signal or something? You know 2 fingers in the air to say peace to each other

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yes there was

A while back this was discussed and my suggestion was the parade wave, the circular motion of the upright hand with no wrist movement. It is pretty tacky but definetly different. :cool:

·
Registered
383 Posts
brian carpenter said:
A while back this was discussed and my suggestion was the parade wave, the circular motion of the upright hand with no wrist movement. It is pretty tacky but definetly different. :cool:
I believe..not completely positive..that this motion is called the "lightbulb" wave. It is called this since your hand and wrist mimic the outline of a lightbulb. :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
We could go blind waiting to see another Sol

Let's see 10,000 by year end divided by 50 states. That's an average of 200 per state. It will be a long time between waves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about the "Hi" sign....like in the Lil Rascals.....Oh Tay! :jester:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I vote for the shaka....used in Hawaii as a happy greeting...the thumb and little finger extended the middle three fingers folded over..knuckles facing the person you are signalling..gently shaking the hand from side to side at the elbow......yes....lived there for 7 years .......ok hate me!!!! :cool: :thumbs: :glol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
PAO said:
I vote for the shaka....used in Hawaii as a happy greeting...the thumb and little finger extended the middle three fingers folded over..knuckles facing the person you are signalling..gently shaking the hand from side to side at the elbow......yes....lived there for 7 years .......ok hate me!!!! :cool: :thumbs: :glol:
aka, "The Horns"

·
Registered
462 Posts
Lets just flip each other off! That would shock our passengers! :lol:

seriously though... I like the two fingers and thumb wave (from the top corner of the winshield).

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SlipSlider said:
aka, "The Horns"
nah horns are the little finger and pointer finger..with the middle two and thumb folded over...... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
PAO said:
nah horns are the little finger and pointer finger..with the middle two and thumb folded over...... :crazy:
ahh, I re-read the post.

Your talking about the "Hang-Ten"

That would be an awesome sign!

I vote Hang-Ten.

·
Registered
994 Posts
mcbman said:
Lets just flip each other off! That would shock our passengers! :lol:

seriously though... I like the two fingers and thumb wave (from the top corner of the winshield).
either of these works for me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that we should perform a short salute by touching our thumb to our nose. In addition to being somewhat unique, this could represent the hidden meanings; you were "on the nose" to purchase this product, and both of you are "thumbing your nose" at the rest of the world that does not own this product.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ugh.. i've got a wrangler already.. i've occasionally waved to jeeps when riding around in my pickup.. add in solstice waves and i'll just be damn confused waving to solstice from my jeep.. jeeps from my pickup and anything that moves from the solstice! :willy:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I say we just stick out head out the window and scream at the top of our lungs to let out some of the enthusiasm that has been brimming over for the past year. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
thumbs up

For 35 years, since my MGB,TR6,TR7 and 911, an open roadster driver has greated another with a simple thumbs up. Why try to change this long lasting tradition among sports car enthusiasts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts