Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to rid my engine compartment of some heat after I install my turbo I had a few cars with a chevy low rise 2" cowl type hood (camaro/chevelle)and liked the look.Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this type of modification on a Solstice or Sky.If so where did you purchase the scoop from as there a bunch of manufactures out there and with the shape of the hood I know not everyone will work.I have a body shop near me that does a lot of customs and muscle car restorations and they told me if I could find the right scoop it should not be an issue as far as fabrication goes thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
A cowl hood is made to draw air in at a pressure area near the lower windshield. Norm makes some fenders with vents, you might want to consider that idea. :jm2c:

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for all the info I am looking at Norms fenders he makes a ZR1 style that look like the ones on a 69 Trans Am. Just wanted to add some flair and function and the black solstice is the look I'm after.I like Norms Formula Hood but I'm not crazy about the vents on the back of it .I have had a couple of my cars and a Blazer Extreme that I built a few years ago with this type of hood and really like the look. If I can find this type of scoop in glass that is in proportion to the Solstice hood I will be a happy camper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts