Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one of these on eBay for $45. The seller and I exchanged several pleasant email's and I decided that I wanted to make one.

1. Hacksaw head off ratchet.
2. Round corners off the handle on grinder.
3. Drill hole into handle with drillpress.
4. Cut prepurchased screw to perfect length.
5. Mix two-part epoxy.
6. Dip screw in two-part epoxy and thread into razor head.
7. Dip other end of screw into two-part epoxy and slide into drilled out hole.
8. Done!

1/4 Craftsman Made in USA ratchet off eBay - $13
Mach 3 DIY craft head off eBay - $7.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mach-III-Razor-Head-Connector-Part-for-DIY-Man-Shaving-Between-Handle-and-Blade/161997867449?hash=item25b7d349b9:g:NTsAAOSwysFb7rGD

There are several auction's for large quantities of the razor head at a reduced price.

My brother spent 22 years at Sear's managing hardware/repair centers prior to being laid off this past fall. He struggles with tremors and thought the extra weight of the Craftsman handle may help him while shaving. Even if it doesn't help with his tremors it'll still be a nice unique gift, especially given his years around the Craftsman brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks great!

I used to do the same with their nut driver handles for anything that needed a handle. Never understood why they felt the need to include a set of those with every multi-piece tool kit they sold, so I re-purposed them.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Several years ago I got tired of paying the exorbitant price for dual, triple, quad type blades, and went old school. The biggest difference between the old safety razors and the modern multiblade blades is time, because it takes longer to shave and cleanup the equipment. So while the initial investment can be expensive depending on the quality of the products you buy, I do believe in the long run that I'm saving money.

I don't think you could do this to safety razor handles because you have to be able to open and close the head to switch and clean the razors. Still very cool idea. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts