Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious; like everybody else I had problems after getting my GMPP tune and took car to dealership to have leads soldered. I'm wondering if it is still possible to get the Crate Engine plug in harness installed, or would something else have to be done.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The point of the harness kit is that it is a plug and play adapter from the factory 2.7 bar harness that adapts to the 3 bar harness.

Since you have already installed the GMPP tune, the factory 2.7 bar harness has already been cut off. Therefore, you would have to reinstall the 2.7 harness; which of course would have to be soldered back onto the wires. So you will not gain anything at this point, because you will still have a spliced set of wires.

I am in the exact same position as you. I was one of the first to have the GMPP tune installed and at that time, CED did not yet have their adapter harness ready.

It just kills me that GM did not provide an adapter harness with the kit, from the get go.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: to Tom at CED for coming up with the adapter harness. He has saved many Kappa owners the frustration that has resulted from the GM "crimp connector" splices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts