Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I don't know if I can do this or not, but here is the url that I have set up to keep all of you better informed on what I am seeing in the order #'s I am given.

http://360.yahoo.com/cadillaccricket

Check it out, I will be working on it for a while, I'll bet, so it is currently under construction.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cadillaccricket I noticed on your new url that you are offering to look up order #s for the first 1000. Are you extending that offer to ist allocation customers also? My production code is 3000 with a target production period of 9-26-05 to 10-02-05 so i would'nt be bothering you for a while. Just curious. I'm sure you have been swamped.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking up all orders and explaining the steps in the ordering process for everyone. I have also been accepting donations through paypal, but I recently gave them all to a private missionary in Mississippi for the relief efforts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put a deposit on my soltice through David Mcdavid Pontiac in Irving,TX

I paid a $1k dpeosit on my Solstice in may 4th of this year. My salesperson told me they had been alloted 6 and I was number 5 to put a deposit down. But I keep getting the run around. So far the only options they have asked me about is the color. They have not given my a VOM, VIN or asked me to select options on the car. My sales person now wil not even reply back to me. I am wating to hear back fomr his manger but have a feeling I will get the same lack of support. is there anyway to see if my car has even been order by my name only?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can You check an order with just a name, address, etc?

Unfortunately, you will need the code associated with your order. You obviously have no order yet, as they have not gotten your specifications for the car that you want. Alot of dealers order specialty cars like this to suit two or three different people with deposits, and then just call you when the car gets there and give you an ultimatum like "be here with the cash or check for the car in two hours, or it goes to someone else."

Specific questions about a specific dealer are hard to answer, so none of this is a specific answer, butI have to stress that ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY sounds fishy to me. If you don't know whats ordinary, TAKE A KNOWLEDGABLE PERSON with you. IF somethings sounds odd, or too good a deal, or whatever, HAVE THEM PUT "IT" IN WRITING. Plainly stated! Ask some of my customers on this forum, if you have a question, it is my job as the salesguy to answer it. Ask any salesguy that had a little training....

Mainly I can say in regards to your general statement above...

You walked into a dealership to order a car, knowing full well it might take it a while to get here....... The dealer took your money, name # , etc.... amybe even wrote up a contract.. but never asked how your wanted the vehicle built? There are a lotta options you can put on this car, or leave off.... around 5k worth, and they don't even know how much you wanna spend? Sounding fishy yet? Get it ALL in WRITING.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So, I went to the link, but I am not sure how we are supposed to give you our information through the link.

I thought that we would give you our order number somewhere and you would keep it updated. Is that what this was supposed to be for. If so how do you get our order number and how can we check it.

Forgive me if that is not what this was meant to be, because I would understand that it would take a lot of work to check on all of those orders.

·
Registered
79 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Once again, I don't know if I can do this or not, but here is the url that I have set up to keep all of you better informed on what I am seeing in the order #'s I am given.

http://360.yahoo.com/cadillaccricket

Check it out, I will be working on it for a while, I'll bet, so it is currently under construction.
Cadillacricket, when I go to your new link all I get is a blank browser window?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SolsticeDesire said:
So, I went to the link, but I am not sure how we are supposed to give you our information through the link.

I set up that daily blog cause it is through my email carrier and it is easy. It is supposed to be an update blog mainly, if you have yahoo you can comment I guess, but more like just one more page to check everyday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts