Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a little earlier then I expected, but I passed my first Solstice today.

I was traveling on 303 east towards Hudson and a Deep Solstice was heading west. We both reached high out of our cars and waved. I don't know if it was another forum member but if your a lurker, please sign up and PM or reply.

I thought it may be Solgeezer who lives in Hudson, but he appeared much younger. It was a 55 mph zone or I may have tried to pull over but that wasn't safe.

No matter, this is a great sign that mores Sol's are hitting the road.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi. You beat me to it. You saw car #336. I was headed down to Peninsula to find a winding road to air it out. Problem was I just ended up behind some slugs. Thanks for the young complement. Guess its hard to tell when driving fast in opposite directions. You came kind of fast on me and I could not remember the solstice solute or even if there was one :cool: . Anyway you are the first Solstice I have seen on the street; it was weird, kind of like seeing myself approach myself. Maybe we will meet someday at a Solstice gathering. :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have time for the "salute". It was weird. I'm sure you've had your share of, "what is it". I'm glad it was a forum member, because you know what we've gone through. I was hoping it wasn't a E-Bay special.

I'll look forward to meeting in the future.
Nice day for a cruise today. I hope you made the left turn as you enter downtown Peninsula, thats a nice road, lots of turns, reasonable speed limit(45) and golf courses, farms and trees.

See you soon Zolsol, by the way, I live in Kent.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Alright you guys, how lucky can you get? You have your cars and are passing
other Solstices on the street!! I live in Parma, still waiting for my car, and also, still watching for one on the road... :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

SLY- 2 OF 8 in first 4 month allocation

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys... You are lucky to have your cars! Wish I had mine to enjoy this great weather with a top down twisty road... Once we all have our cars, we'll all have to get together for a meeting and a drive. I'm in Cleveland Warehouse district. Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should be in Solon on Monday, barring rain. I was all over Cleveland out to Mentor last Friday.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
What are the odds that two Sols in the whole country would meet this soon. :lol: I sure hope that 4 Sols don't all arrive at the "four corners" area out west at the same time. None will remember the secret salute and will sit there longer than I have waited for 726. I can see why the Brits and New Englanders like roundabouts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i was in cleveland thursday and friday on business. i should've posted that on here to see if we could meet thursday night.

damn.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Same thing in Atlanta,

as I was giving my friend a ride on Friday evening. WE are going thru a hard left hand turn, I am on the outside and on the inside there is another Sol getting a little exercise heading in the opposite direction. I was very suprised to see another Sol on the road so soon. It happened so fast all we did was honk at each other. I do not know if she is a forum member. Very cool though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Zolsol and Marco,

I wish it were me. I'm still waiting on my aggressive Solstice. I hope to see you guys on the road. I'm not as quite as old as my name implies (51). Age is relative and it appears now that the Sol appeals to an older crowd than expected.

I got word a couple of weeks ago that it was picked up for production but am guessing that it may be sometime around Halloween before I get the call I've been waiting for since April 16th.

Nice to see though that the Sols are making their way to NE Ohio. Congratulations guys and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I brought this back to life. I had a bit of deja vu. I was on 303 going into Peninsula today and saw a Deep Sol going the other way. I thought I saw a blond haired women, but it was such a quick glimpse, I wasn't sure if it was the driver or passenger. I barely got the Solstice salute up.

Who was it? It was about 3:30 pm

·
Registered
353 Posts
Very cool guys! Love reading stuff like this. One of my co-workers has an Envious Sol so when my Sky comes back from MagnaFlow I'll have to get pictures in the parking lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts