Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in my Solstice GXP coming home from a visit to the Sedona/Jerome AZ area. Heading west out of Wickenberg, I was following a local in a pick-up truck who was "trucking" along at about 85-90. I followed him for miles, figuring that if there was a smoky up ahead with a radar gun, they'd get him first, and maybe miss me. After a while I dropped back about a half mile, and jumped on it. I backed off at speed I felt was at the edge of safe there and was closing fast on the truck. Did that several times. What fun.

Crossing the Arizona Desert - YouTube

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
lol! But not a good assumption as to who would get tagged. Got my first speeding ticket of my life after getting the Sol. Cop claimed I was 15 over (which I've driven before on the same stretch of road in my 3/4 ton pickup) but I was the last of 3 in a line and I WASN'T gaining on the first two. I think the prick picked me because of the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
lol! But not a good assumption as to who would get tagged. Got my first speeding ticket of my life after getting the Sol. Cop claimed I was 15 over (which I've driven before on the same stretch of road in my 3/4 ton pickup) but I was the last of 3 in a line and I WASN'T gaining on the first two. I think the prick picked me because of the car.

Yes he did.

Next time.
If he claimed it, Ask for the serial number on the Radar gun.
Go to court Plea Not-Guilty, request for the Radar gun to be presented in court, then ask when the last time the radar gun was calibrated and present certified proof of calibration, and compare the serial number you documented.
Win or Loose, you'll end up paying nothing or a lesser Fee than the ticket requires....:thumbs:

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I was young, got a ticket on my bike, going way too fast on rural highway and got nicked. Went to small town court to plead not guilty. That town goes to court immediately after plea. So we moved from group court to smaller court to begin. They are up first and present their case to include exhibit "A" which is the calibration document dated 2 weeks after my ticket. When the judge asked me for my defense, I simply asked for a calibration document that pertained to this case as the calibration occured after ticket. Judge asked prosecution for an answer and they said they didnt have it, case dismissed. Took all of 30 mins. I was going 115 in a 70, cop wrote the ticket for 90 in a 70 and I paid zero.

Fun times

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
lol! Awesome. I should have contested it but I was 15 over . . . even though the 2 cars in front of me were also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts