Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing problems setting the cruise control using the steering wheel D.I.C. control? My Sol is a 2007 and sometimes when I push the set button, it just does not work. I think maybe the contact points are either worn or they just are not touching properly. If you have any suggestions, please holler! :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing problems setting the cruise control using the steering wheel D.I.C. control? My Sol is a 2007 and sometimes when I push the set button, it just does not work. I think maybe the contact points are either worn or they just are not touching properly. If you have any suggestions, please holler! :(
check your third brakelight

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
This has ended to many of us. If I forget to turn off the cruise when I stop for gas, sometimes it will fail to engage. In my case, it always turns on, but will not engage unless I tap the brakes firmly to force it OFF then hit the engage button.

There is a long thread about it from a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
My D.I.C. sometimes switches functions between the buttons. That is to say that the info button resets mileage, etc and the erase button changes the D.I.C. display info. It happens on cold mornings, and returns to normal after ~10 miles down the road. Very bizzare but I have learned to live with it.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Personal experience here... the contacts are dirty inside the switch.

These switches are actually based on resistor arrays, so only two wires are used for multiple functions and pressing a given switch connects a particular resistance across the two wires. The BCM senses the resistance value and initiates the corresponding function. All of that is fine, but dirty contacts changes the resistance and the BCM can't tell what (if any) switch has been pressed.

I had the same issue with 'resume'. It would sometime work, or other time only if I pressed hard or multiple times. I took my airbag off, took the switch set out and apart, cleaned the contacts and it's been perfect ever since.

If you have warranty still, get the dealership to do it (they'll just replace the switch set). Else if you or someone you know is mechanically competent, it's not to bad to clean and fix yourself.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all of you! I'll have my significant other clean the contacts - he is definitely mechanically competent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts