Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was going to put the new cup holder in the car , i was looking in the hole where the OEM one was , when i looked , there was the OEM cup holder , way back in the hole , i got it out , lubed it up , and it poped in and works great , it does look alot better with the OEM cup holder , wish i had looked in the hole first , but , it looked like it was gone , thats ok , it worked out fine .

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, I wasn't totally sold on the billet ones just yet. I just found a new OEM part online and asked them for the best price and they said $105 shipped. 3 days later I got it. If the new billet cup holder were chrome or black I might have bought one. I found several USED ones here for $100+shipping, but for $5 more and free shipping I got a new one.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I have one of the billet ones but with RTE's instructions in another thread I got the OEM working as good as new. Still have the billet one as a backup in it's needed down the road

·
Registered
616 Posts
well i was going to put the new cup holder in the car , i was looking in the hole where the OEM one was , when i looked , there was the OEM cup holder , way back in the hole , i got it out , lubed it up , and it poped in and works great , it does look alot better with the OEM cup holder , wish i had looked in the hole first , but , it looked like it was gone , thats ok , it worked out fine .
Glad you found the OE, but just curious, where were you going to mount that huge fold-up beverage holder?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well, I wasn't totally sold on the billet ones just yet. I just found a new OEM part online and asked them for the best price and they said $105 shipped. 3 days later I got it. If the new billet cup holder were chrome or black I might have bought one. I found several USED ones here for $100+shipping, but for $5 more and free shipping I got a new one.
So, for for $45 more you could have had a billet aluminum one that would never break like the OEM POS.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
I got a used polished billet one. It's just lovely, and the action is really nice too (even has a tiny magnet to keep it closed). My factory one wasn't broken, but I replaced it anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a roll of duct tape on the floor in front of the seat. Every cup fits in it, and stays put.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
I got a used polished billet one. It's just lovely, and the action is really nice too (even has a tiny magnet to keep it closed). My factory one wasn't broken, but I replaced it anyway.
TS you wanna send me your factory cupholder?:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Sorry, I'm trying to build up a spares haul as big as yours! (Actually, my goal is to have one just 10% of yours :))

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Mine cup holder was broke when I bought the car. I ordered the lifetime guarantee billet one from Santana Interiors to replace it with.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Sorry, I'm trying to build up a spares haul as big as yours! (Actually, my goal is to have one just 10% of yours :))
My goal is to be featured on car hoarders, but with only one car.:devil:

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Yeah, Green Dragon is buried beneath spare parts . . . with one particularly pissed wife tapping her foot behind it.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Actually, she no longer allows me to mod her car . .. a position I fail to understand.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
I wasn't sold on the OP's find for a cupholder. Until I read that it includes THREE screws. Well, that tipped it in for me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a spare the rear glove box I guess you would call it, so if you are hoarding parts this one is available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts