Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find any cup holder in all of the numerous interior pics I've seen of the Solstice. I find this to be very surprising. There has to be a cup holder. Does anybody know where it could possibly be inside of the car? Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cup Holders!!!??? We don't need no stinkin' cup holders!! How can you do a handbrake turn with a cup in your hand?

Seriously, though, don't most Pontiacs have the cupholder in the center console?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Cup holders are nice, but I don't need to have one. I don't remember which car it was at the Tampa Auto Show, but they had a pretty cool cup holder system. It was above and to the right of the center console. It was a black rectangle that you pressed in and it would pop out and open up as a cup holder. The image I attached is from a previous discussion. I just added it to show where it was on the other car, it's was pretty much right where according to Solsticeman is the airbag indicator. (rectangular black item)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ofcourse we all need cup holders

We need cup holders, trust me. I drink coffee every day in the car driving to work. I need a cup holder.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
"When I wuz young, we didn't have cupholders, and we LIKED it that way!"

Or seatbelts, or variable wipers, or FM, or electric mirrors, or chimes to tell us our keys were in the ignition, or switches to keep us from turning over the engine while the standard transmission was in gear and the clutch was engaged....

We did have some things which don't exist anymore. Like the giant fold down glove box doors that doubled as a writing surface or dinner tray.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Just remembered, when we DID want a cupholder, we went to a truck stop and bought one of those big plastic 'sling' type cradles that fit over the top of the door and spilled your drink all over you when you got in and closed the door too fast.

Found this while looking for a picture of one.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096958/

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
You are right, there aren’t in the production prototype, but I cannot imagine any new car these days not having a cup holder. GM must have a cup holder in mind for the interior. Remember, this was a prototype built mainly for the autoshow circuit. There could be a lot of detail changes between it and a production version.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Personally I'll live without cup holders. If I really need to bring something with me it'll be in a sealable container. But I know the rest of America wants their big gulp within arms reach to keep them appeased. As of right now we don't know of any cup holders. But that's because we haven't seen a finished Solstice with all of its compartments open. There seems to be a small compartment between the drivers seat and passenger seat that I've circled in one of the images. Who knows, there might be some sort of cup holder in there that comes out. The other image is of a little area on the passenger side that you wont find on the drivers side. It might just be something for taking off the center console, but I saw plenty of cars at the Tampa Auto Show that had little compartments like that that you depressed, and they slid out to become cup holders. I'm not saying this is that, or hinting it is, just think it would be cool though.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd love to have cupholders (remember you need to fit 2 cupholders in there not 1) but it wont be a deal breaker for me, besides that who has time to drink with all that shifting. For those long trips when there is time to drink while in 5th gear, I'll go oldschool and put keep the drink between my legs. :cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
brentil said:
Personally I'll live without cup holders. If I really need to bring something with me it'll be in a sealable container. But I know the rest of America wants their big gulp within arms reach to keep them appeased. As of right now we don't know of any cup holders. But that's because we haven't seen a finished Solstice with all of its compartments open. There seems to be a small compartment between the drivers seat and passenger seat that I've circled in one of the images. Who knows, there might be some sort of cup holder in there that comes out. The other image is of a little area on the passenger side that you wont find on the drivers side. It might just be something for taking off the center console, but I saw plenty of cars at the Tampa Auto Show that had little compartments like that that you depressed, and they slid out to become cup holders. I'm not saying this is that, or hinting it is, just think it would be cool though.

I think that second pic is very likely a cup holder in the console.

·
Registered
154 Posts
maybe not

piippor said:
I think that second pic is very likely a cup holder in the console.
In my Olds Intrigue that spot is a 12 volt outlet that flips out. It looks very similar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts