Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jus took another look at it since it has dried off. Not good. Looks kind of like that one, Saveaux. Fortunately, I've got a buddy that runs just such a company. Hopefully he'll give me a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
That sucks, man. Sorry. Mine got caught in softball-sized hail in 2016. It was not fun.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Jus took another look at it since it has dried off. Not good. Looks kind of like that one, Saveaux. Fortunately, I've got a buddy that runs just such a company. Hopefully he'll give me a deal.
Maybe part of the deal will be that he can get to you before next hail season.

Sorry to see that. It missed us over here in Fort Worth, but my SKY stays in the garage when I'm not driving it.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Could be worse. My hood and quarterpanel had chunks of paint the size of my fist knocked off. PDR doesn't work so well when there's no P left.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DAMN!

Time to buy a car cover w/hail protection.
At least two of them. Normally, the Sol wouldn't have been out in bad weather ... but this was not expected and it was bright and sunny up until this thing blew in. However, I have two other vehicles that live outside that my kids drive. So they might start being stored under those covers. Smart design ... and the cost is a lot less than getting cars fixed after a storm.

-------

So back to the Sol ... looks like I'll be needing some new rear light housings. Anyone have a pair for sale?

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Correct.

But it protects your car 99% of the time and in order to get that 99% protection you do not have to install a carcover each time you park your car at starbucks to get a black coffee. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
On a serious note. Sorry Al about the damage. We got that same weather system up here in okie land, but it was al pea size..

1 - 20 of 81 Posts