Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Lots of NOS deck lids in Michigan, but they're $250 and shipping starts at $100 for the crate and all that jazz.

Plus they don't have any of the weatherstripping and may or may not have the spoiler/antenna holes you need.

In the long run, you're probably better off finding something local that's more ready to bolt on.
I remember seeing that somewhere on Facebook. Got a link?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Reconsidering my decision today. Talking with a dealer in Florida that has a Brazen 2008 model for just over $9,000. Clean history. Very tempted to settle with insurance and then get this one. The only thing that is an apparent issue with the 2008 is that a previous owner put flames on the center console. WTH?!

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
GXP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
No, 2.4 ... but there is a GXP in California in Brazen. Hard to find a low mileage GXP manual for a good enough price around here. Lots of autos though.

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Reconsidering my decision today. Talking with a dealer in Florida that has a Brazen 2008 model for just over $9,000. Clean history. Very tempted to settle with insurance and then get this one. The only thing that is an apparent issue with the 2008 is that a previous owner put flames on the center console. WTH?!
What is wrong with flames?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
Okay, my Solstice brethren ... given the choice between these two fine specimen, what would be your choice?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=511785266 or
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/763737015/overview/

Obviously the black one is closer to me, but the one in Florida is ready to deal and shipping is not that bad of a deal since they already have a car scheduled for shipping to this area.
The 2008 from Florida is a year newer, but has 10k more miles and is more expensive. It will also need tires. The description says it has a navigation system, so that could be a plus if the aftermarket radio was installed properly.

I like this comment:
Brazen Inferno Metallic 2008 Pontiac Solstice aka Saturn Sky.
All things considered I would lean toward the 2007, especially if it is close enough to inspect for yourself.

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
Not from the factory, which is why I mentioned "aftermarket radio". I honestly didn't look at all of the pictures, so it may well be a stock radio and the mention of "navigation" may just be a mistake.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
I'm with John on this one black cars are a bitch to keep clean but they look sooo good all polished up and I like the sand and steel interior . I would never buy a car without looking at it because a picture can hide a lot of flaws . The black car is a private seller so you can get some idea of how well the car was taken care of and from the ad the seller is open to deal on it . Good Luck !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yeah, the Florida car is off the list. No way to really give it a good test before shelling out bucks. And black is beautiful, but a pain to keep clean this time of year. I used to have a black Chevy truck back in my Austin, TX days ... it was yellow all during pollen season. Ugh!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
So I received a deck lid from a 2008 model today. Some slight differences ... my 2006 has only a trunk cable going into the lid, the 2008 has the trunk cable and 3 antenna cables for the little antenna on the lid. Will these work with the 06, or should I just ignore them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Oops ... stupid mistake. I was testing the fit of the replacement lid (perfect, by the way) and fastened the buttresses into the deck lid without thinking to hook up the release cable first. Crap. So how can I get the buttresses to release?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,219 Posts
Oops ... stupid mistake. I was testing the fit of the replacement lid (perfect, by the way) and fastened the buttresses into the deck lid without thinking to hook up the release cable first. Crap. So how can I get the buttresses to release?
Follow the instructions posted in several places on the forum for opening the buttresses when the cable breaks or doesn't work. It's basically the use of an L shaped tool to manually move the spring that holds the buttress down.

try a search for "stuck buttress"

:dunno:

61 - 80 of 81 Posts