Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a sun screen for the Solstice called HeatShield. It is computer cut to fit exactly and upon delivery I found it to be just as advertised.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Purchased Online?

pbskipper said:
I have purchased a sun screen for the Solstice called HeatShield. It is computer cut to fit exactly and upon delivery I found it to be just as advertised.
If you purchased this online could you reply with the URL posted.

I'm sure lots of Sol owners would love it! Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I do not think the Solstice sunvisors would hold the Sunshield in place .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Computer cut sunshade

It was from canvasworks.com. I didn't post the address because I didn't want anyone to think I was selling the sunshades. The sunvisors hold it just fine. It was $34.00 for one but it appeared multiple orders reduced the price to $30.00. The gentleman I spoke with was very polite. You could order online but my web browser said their security certificate had expired. When I called the CA. based company the man said that their IT guys were working on the security certificate. It took about 5 days to show up via UPS. I am now ordering one for my Yukon and Porsche 944 (they catalog some amazingly obscure autos including my 74 MGB!). It fits great and is not near as bulky as the one size fits all type. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I just might have to get ones of these when it gets a little warmer here in Texas!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
254 Posts
pbskipper said:
Yeah, I got one for my Solstice a couple of weeks ago. I fits great, is flexible (not cardboard), and rolls up when not in use. You get a discount if you buy more than one so I bought two, one for my Solstice and one for my wife's Equinox.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Headlight Protectors

Hi all. New member who just brought our Solstice home a week ago after waiting over 3 months; Lovin it. Does anyone know if there are protectors available for the headlights? A friend who owns a couple of Porsches told me that they have the same type of lights, and when they break you have to replace the entire unit at a pretty significant expense. The solution is a cutom clear lens that breaks instead of glass on the light. It's probably early for something like this, but I thought I'd check.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
jamez said:
Hi all. New member who just brought our Solstice home a week ago after waiting over 3 months; Lovin it. Does anyone know if there are protectors available for the headlights? A friend who owns a couple of Porsches told me that they have the same type of lights, and when they break you have to replace the entire unit at a pretty significant expense. The solution is a cutom clear lens that breaks instead of glass on the light. It's probably early for something like this, but I thought I'd check.
Not sure about the Porsche's headlights but the Sol has lexon (sp?) headlights that won't break. They aren't made of glass so don't worry.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think I'll give it a try. I like the idea of the custom fit and am tired of the collapsable shades that fold up like oragami and always smack your passenger in her face. Sunshades are mandatory equipment down here as car interior temps reach 150-160F. Thankfully there is no chrome interior trim on to blister your skin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the info Brady... that's good news about the lights. I'm glad I found this forum, I'm learning alot. Although it's my wife's car, at least one of us will stay informed.

·
Registered
729 Posts
jamez said:
Here is a link to ebay for the headlight protection:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Solstice-InvisiGARD-Headlight-Protection-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38661QQitemZ8033287249QQrdZ1

- bspate -

1 - 12 of 12 Posts