Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

for those of us unlucky enough to live in a state requiring a front license plate....most have chosen not to mount it in the OEM location between the two grills.....if you had a custom mount that would move the plate lower and between the grill and foglight.....mountable on either side..passenger or driver......would you be interested in the mount.

this would attach to existing points on the frame, not require drilling, or mounting holes in the fascia...it would be constructed of laser cut 1/8 inch stainless steel and come complete will all hardware....would allow direct mounting of the plate and you can also use a license plate frame....

I have found a source that developed a custom frame for the prowler.....attached is the prowler frame (has received nothing but compliments over on the prowler forum for this product).......and a draft photoshop..not to scale of where the plate could be mounted on the solstice, either on the left or right.......I welcome you thoughts, inputs, ideas as to whether this would be a product you would consider.......price of course will be based on interest level.....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I hate to have to even think about this, but I would be interested on a passenger side mount.

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pao, that is the least noticeable location. I think it is much better then in the front center. Hopefully I will not have to get one. But it may be worth puchasing just in case.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
165 Posts
A friend of mind has a Prowler and was telling me about this bracket. If its made I'm in on this.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mind has a Prowler and was telling me about this bracket. If its made I'm in on this.
this is the same person.....so thanks for the endorsement....:dthumbs:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
NO WAY IT LOOKS LIKE S . . . :yesnod: .

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would be interested. I've been driving without the front plate for almost two years now. Sooner or later some "angry cop with a bug up his butt" is going to challenge it.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be in, but my question is, where WAS the stock location of the prowler mount?
I will have to check..I honestly dont know...beleive it was on one of the bumper bars as I call them..

·
Registered
7,103 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I would be interested. I've been driving without the front plate for almost two years now. Sooner or later some "angry cop with a bug up his butt" is going to challenge it.
Yeah, really! :agree:

·
Registered
36 Posts
We just keep the plate and bracket in the trunk. We just tell people that the bracket fell off ....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Develop one like Davie's Corvette has that retracts and I'm in. I bought one ($50) and it is totally useless on my Solstice. Not enough clearance in the front without sticking out under the valence when it's retracted. The design is right, it just needs to be able to slide out farther.

Certainly I have the old frame in the trunk that "just fell off" after I hit the dreaded parking log! (Bad log, Bad log!)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Develop one like Davie's Corvette has that retracts and I'm in. I bought one ($50) and it is totally useless on my Solstice. Not enough clearance in the front without sticking out under the valence when it's retracted. The design is right, it just needs to be able to slide out farther.

Certainly I have the old frame in the trunk that "just fell off" after I hit the dreaded parking log! (Bad log, Bad log!)
The people that make the flip up retractable plate holder are making a motorized one due out in Nov.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
it looks like what all these "RICE-BURNERS" are doing to there ride's......dont like it sorry...but the flip up one sounds very cool:yesnod: .....very "007":lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts