·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know a guy where I could get it done for say 3 grand, but publicly, with that pattern, and NOT the new Marine Corps Digital pattern, I would venture to guess the 5-7 thousand range. That Camo pattern only contains a variation of 3 colors (hence the name tri-colors) and I think 2 or 3 patterns. It honestly isn't something I would do to MY car persay, but I may make a trip to the recruiter with a picture and see if they can get a hold of one and get it done. The Marines LOVE a recruiting tool like that, it sells our business like crazy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stang said:
That's some of my handywork. :D

I also have a larger version that I made so a couple of our overseas buddies could use it as their desktop.

Yes it is. I should definately credit you for this Stang, and I apologize that I didn't previously. I love the acronym by the way!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stang said:
No problem. Glad you like it. It took me forever to make that acronym work. Also, if you look under the Pontiac logo on the side, you'll see a camo flag.
Very nice! I hadn't noticed that before. I managed to make that image my desktop with no distortion, and as soon as I can, I plan on making it my avatar.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
That's some of my handywork. :D

I also have a larger version that I made so a couple of our overseas buddies could use it as their desktop.
I've been using it as my desktop desktop since you first put it up. Without permission, of course! :D

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Wow! :blush:

I didn't know it was so popular. Here is a link to the larger version.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1775

I would love to see this in real life too. If someone decides to do it, I have many more features that the car would have on it. It's too late for SEMA, but maybe Detroit right? ;) Thanks again for the feedback.

Oh and Editguy, you owe me $19,995 in royalties. :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If you do that paint scheme, you have to change out the fog lamps for 50 cals! Maybe the back up lights too! :lol: This would have to have a tan canvas top too.

·
5,600 Posts
That is the new Pontiac M1 amphibious landing craft. The Marines are cleverly hidden in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
jerzkid said:
It honestly isn't something I would do to MY car persay, but I may make a trip to the recruiter with a picture and see if they can get a hold of one and get it done. The Marines LOVE a recruiting tool like that, it sells our business like crazy.
That would be so awesome. Get it done!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This might be the only color scheme that would let you go to the corner store without being mobbed. Assuming you live in the desert. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts