·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a guy where I could get it done for say 3 grand, but publicly, with that pattern, and NOT the new Marine Corps Digital pattern, I would venture to guess the 5-7 thousand range. That Camo pattern only contains a variation of 3 colors (hence the name tri-colors) and I think 2 or 3 patterns. It honestly isn't something I would do to MY car persay, but I may make a trip to the recruiter with a picture and see if they can get a hold of one and get it done. The Marines LOVE a recruiting tool like that, it sells our business like crazy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stang said:
That's some of my handywork. :D

I also have a larger version that I made so a couple of our overseas buddies could use it as their desktop.

Yes it is. I should definately credit you for this Stang, and I apologize that I didn't previously. I love the acronym by the way!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
jerzkid said:
Yes it is. I should definately credit you for this Stang, and I apologize that I didn't previously. I love the acronym by the way!
No problem. Glad you like it. It took me forever to make that acronym work. Also, if you look under the Pontiac logo on the side, you'll see a camo flag.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stang said:
No problem. Glad you like it. It took me forever to make that acronym work. Also, if you look under the Pontiac logo on the side, you'll see a camo flag.
Very nice! I hadn't noticed that before. I managed to make that image my desktop with no distortion, and as soon as I can, I plan on making it my avatar.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
That's some of my handywork. :D

I also have a larger version that I made so a couple of our overseas buddies could use it as their desktop.
I've been using it as my desktop desktop since you first put it up. Without permission, of course! :D

·
2,574 Posts
stang said:
That is excellent work Stang. Would drive some miles to see one for real. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Wow! :blush:

I didn't know it was so popular. Here is a link to the larger version.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1775

I would love to see this in real life too. If someone decides to do it, I have many more features that the car would have on it. It's too late for SEMA, but maybe Detroit right? ;) Thanks again for the feedback.

Oh and Editguy, you owe me $19,995 in royalties. :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If you do that paint scheme, you have to change out the fog lamps for 50 cals! Maybe the back up lights too! :lol: This would have to have a tan canvas top too.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
Oh and Editguy, you owe me $19,995 in royalties. :lol:
Well, as my dad used to say, I'd rather owe ya than to beat ya! :D

·
5,600 Posts
That is the new Pontiac M1 amphibious landing craft. The Marines are cleverly hidden in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
jerzkid said:
It honestly isn't something I would do to MY car persay, but I may make a trip to the recruiter with a picture and see if they can get a hold of one and get it done. The Marines LOVE a recruiting tool like that, it sells our business like crazy.
That would be so awesome. Get it done!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This might be the only color scheme that would let you go to the corner store without being mobbed. Assuming you live in the desert. :cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Let's get one done like this and send it to MSG McKee!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts