Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with fiberglass for awhile making all kinds of little things trying out different ways to make pieces stronger this way and that,anyways long story short I am going to be making parts for my solstice and was wondering if you guys have any ides on what you may want for yours or what you think would be cool any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Also I have been dabiling in CF for a bit not alot cool stuff but any ideas for that would be cool too, but it has to be cmall stuff like say the size of a car battery top. When i start doing stuff I post pics for you guys to see what ya think.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
That sounds cool! What did you have in mind? Things like ground fx, wings, or different hoods? Your really planning on customizing your Solstice!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Can you do a hardtop? MFG which built the first '53 vettes is in our area of country. They did some custom work for me in the past.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how far I want to go start out small and do a few things try and see what works and what doesn't. I really would like to do interior parts and engine dress up stuff. I would love to do a hard top at some point in time thats alot of work though. I have already done a test wing before came out pretty good actually, alot of work. It was kinda cool cause it was my own design everyone I showed really liked it. But any ideas you guys would really like to see I'd try and get your info on to see what you like and don't like.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Inferno9823, you might think of maybe doing some sort of mod on the left window piller. Perhaps a mod that would accomodate additional gauges like water temp, oil pressure, that sort of thing. There will be those wanting to modify their cars and they would likely be interested in something like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was thinking about that for one of the first things to do, I'd really like to do some carbon fiber parts for the engine bay, but there are a few bugs I have to work out first for that.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Do you have the tooling to do vacuum press molding, or are you just laying the 'glass over molds and bucs? I know for a fact that I want to figure out a way to get some additional gauges in the dash (not in the a-pillar tho). I'd like to be able to offer this to other forum members, but I know I won't have the time to invest in serial production of whatever I come up with. If you beat me to the punch, I might just go with whatever you might produce instead. PM me for ideas if you're interested.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Maybe you could come up with some kind of add on console/cupholder. If the rumors that there are no cup holders are true, people are certainly going to want an aftermarket solution that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts