Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase 20 inch rims for my 2007 GXP. Having trouble finding in that size. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendation? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
There's a lot of factors that go into rim buying. Rims that fit our car are hard to find, let alone 20" that will fit. 5x110 bolt pattern, +55 offset, 8" wide, centerbore, etc..... Can't just go out and buy a 20" rim without all the specs. Here's a calculator to help... Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Some have gone with aluminum wheel adapters, others have gone w/a 5 X 112 bolt pattern using wobble bolts. You can also buy custom wheels that offer custom offsets and bolt patterns. The downside is you'll be spending upwards of a $1,000 (plus) a wheel. The upside is being able to pick from dozens of wheel designs.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Assume that you are aware that larger diameter rims increase unsprung weight and are detrimental to handling, so you are doing this just for looks?

If you do find rims, be careful about verifying offset before you buy as many sellers will not guarantee that a given rim will fit a given application.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Assume that you are aware that larger diameter rims increase unsprung weight and are detrimental to handling, so you are doing this just for looks?
While it's probably superfluous to this thread, it's not uncommon to upsize wheels on the Kappa so you can fit a wider wheel without having the inner barrel run into the funky shaped rear upper control arm. The extra 50mm of tire width you can gain more than offsets the weight penalty.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Some have gone with aluminum wheel adapters, others have gone w/a 5 X 112 bolt pattern using wobble bolts. You can also buy custom wheels that offer custom offsets and bolt patterns. The downside is you'll be spending upwards of a $1,000 (plus) a wheel. The upside is being able to pick from dozens of wheel designs.
Forgestar will make you any size/offset/lug pattern for around 500 per wheel.

·
Registered
933 Posts
100_4994 (2).jpg

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgestar will make you any size/offset/lug pattern for around 500 per wheel.
Good to know. I have seen a lot of rims that doesn't fit but at least at a high price it's possible. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While it's probably superfluous to this thread, it's not uncommon to upsize wheels on the Kappa so you can fit a wider wheel without having the inner barrel run into the funky shaped rear upper control arm. The extra 50mm of tire width you can gain more than offsets the weight penalty.
I definitely want to give it a more menacing look and having wider would achieve that. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

If you do find rims, be careful about verifying offset before you buy as many sellers will not guarantee that a given rim will fit a given application.
I am doing it more for looks but I will do more homework before I decide on anything definitive. Some of the input thus far has been helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's a lot of factors that go into rim buying. Rims that fit our car are hard to find, let alone 20" that will fit. 5x110 bolt pattern, +55 offset, 8" wide, centerbore, etc..... Can't just go out and buy a 20" rim without all the specs. Here's a calculator to help... Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets
Thank you so much! This will be very helpful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts