Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the 1:18 scale solstice and I showed my mom the model and told that it was my next car. She says ya your dad showed me. Im like cool...she says ya its cute! No!!!! You cannot tell a guy his car is cute! If you want cute buy a miata! The solstice is hot! To all the ladies out there please never tell a guy his car is cute. Don't the guys agree with me?!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well I think that a girl calling it cute is their way of saying that is ever so sexy. But yes I do agree with you. A guy does not want to hear his car called cute.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
SmokinSolstice said:
Ok so I got the 1:18 scale solstice and I showed my mom the model and told that it was my next car. She says ya your dad showed me. Im like cool...she says ya its cute! No!!!! You cannot tell a guy his car is cute! If you want cute buy a miata! The solstice is hot! To all the ladies out there please never tell a guy his car is cute. Don't the guys agree with me?!
:agree:
I agree, SmokinSolstice. A woman calling your car "cute" is kinda like a female friend trying to set you up on a blind date and calling the girl you're to date "nice". Not good. No. Not good at all! :willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Also keep in mind you showed a model too, which could increase it's "cute" factory.

·
4,592 Posts
Can you say "Chick car" :lol:

For me, it's OK, I'm used to it :)

Nice new Avatar Ff88! :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
Can you say "Chick car" :lol:

For me, it's OK, I'm used to it :)
:lol: Yeah, you must be a better man than I am Rodeo, because a woman at work told me my car was cute and I instinctively almost decked her!

·
4,592 Posts
Editguy said:
:lol: Yeah, you must be a better man than I am Rodeo, because a woman at work told me my car was cute and I instinctively almost decked her!
So, what happens when a carload of teen boys calls yours a "chick car"??? :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
So, what happens when a carload of teen boys calls yours a "chick car"??? :lol:
That's why God invented those things you're holding in your avatar! :lol:
Actually, all of the teen boys at school think it's cool. They've been asking for rides. I've been thinking about selling tickets to help with the monthly payments.

·
Registered
126 Posts
how about if we call the driver "cute" and the car "sexy"? Is that okay boys?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
slyfox said:
how about if we call the driver "cute" and the car "sexy"? Is that okay boys?
Yeah, but that depends on whether you're a man or a woman, and in my case I know that you'd be lying about the cute part. :D

So you do video editing at a Fox station? Broadcasting is what i teach at the high school level.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1st questions' answer - woman and yes I mostly edit for the news, ( I noticed your name and figured we might have a similar background -although I learned to edit in art school- but my father being a retired GM guy figured I'd need to learn how to make $ in the "real world" hence the TV job to pay the bills)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
slyfox said:
1st questions' answer - woman and yes I mostly edit for the news, ( I noticed your name and figured we might have a similar background -although I learned to edit in art school- but my father being a retired GM guy figured I'd need to learn how to make $ in the "real world" hence the TV job to pay the bills)
That's cool! I love editing (well, most of the time). And I really love it when a student really understands that it is not just a mechanical process, but more a creative one. Too bad you're not around here, I would ask you to come speak to my class. It's hard to get professionals from local stations to be involved. I haven't even been able to get station tours in the past few years.
What NLE do you use?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Perhaps if I ever get my car a tax write off road trip to the lovely southwest will be in order. (Although in polls public speaking is the greatest fear after death) We are still editing onto Beta believe it or not and we even have a few dinosaur 3/4 machines but we do have some avids and I think we're going to make the switch to a Grass Valley digital system soon. (Oh if I had only bought stock in Avid back in the day)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
slyfox said:
Perhaps if I ever get my car a tax write off road trip to the lovely southwest will be in order. (Although in polls public speaking is the greatest fear after death) We are still editing onto Beta believe it or not and we even have a few dinosaur 3/4 machines but we do have some avids and I think we're going to make the switch to a Grass Valley digital system soon. (Oh if I had only bought stock in Avid back in the day)
Oh, speaking to teens really isn't that hard (well, most of the time!). If I had to speak to adults, it would be a greater fear than death! If you ever get out here while school is in session, let me know. You have a standing invitation to come to my class. I'm really not surprised at the equipment you are using. I think a LOT of stations are doing the same, many using a mix. Equipment is really expensive, and Beta and 3/4 machines are very durable. And Beta produces a very nice analog picture. I would like to see a Grass Valley system. But Ohio is a bit of a drive. Although, since I got my Sol I look for excuses to drive. :D
And, yeah, I could have paid cash for my Sol if I had bought stock in Avid.

·
Registered
481 Posts
:brentil: aw poor guys. i feel so sorry for ya. a good car is a good chic car, but what happens when a girl drives it. you going to call it cute or hot and get your face slapped.lmao

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I have three daughters so I have a very minor basic understanding of the female mind. Remember now, I said minor basic understanding. The female mind looks at things very differently than a male mine. The female vocabulary has a lot of "one size fits all" words and phrases. If my daughter was to say my car is cute (which but the way they have) they are using one of the "one size fits all" phrases which really means my car is a mean muscular brute of a vehicle loaded with styling and horse power only eclipsed by foreign automakers producing cars many times the cost which I paid for my car. See, it's just in the translation of the wording. Don't take the work "cute" as an insult, take it as an abbreviation for the full meaning trying to be expressed by the female stating it. :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good Answer Ex-Miata Man. It makes just a little more sense to me now.
Cwh55

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
SmokinSolstice said:
So it's Cute! It sounds like the poor woman is experiancin" Mental Pause.

I wont be lettin" the DingBat in my Car! :cuss:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 187 Posts