Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to IHOP off of 820N and Beach Street last night around 1:00 AM. Two car carriers with maybe 5 or 6 Solstices each and some other random cars. I went back today around 5:30 PM and they were still there. One truck has what looks like a 2nd-gen Miata and the other appears to have a Honda S2000.

It looks like the tops on these cars still have the wrinkles in them, so I'm thinking these may be pre-production? Maybe training cars for the local dealers?

On a side note, does anyone who has actually seen a production car know what the final GVWR of the car is? Looking at the pre-production sticker, I'm afraid me and a friend wouldn't be able to ride in the car without overloading it! :)

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
These are the pre production cars that have been used for all the ride and drives. I saw them in Mass and rode in the green sol.

They truck them from state to state.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, these cars are traveling the country to train dealers.

I spoke with my dealer last week who had just come back from one.

He said that their sales team went to Washington DC and got to drive these Solstices on a closed track. They also got to compare the New Miata and the S2000 as well.

Apparently the caravan travels to different cities so dealerships can get a first-hand look and trial of the cars before selling them.

They bring along a new Miata and a S2000 as a side-by-side comparison.

This is a wise move on GM's part!

He said he felt the ride / handling of the Solstice was better than the other 2 and was much better to look at.

He was impressed with the "aggressive" color and said that it looked better in person.

Also said that the "mysterious" (my choice), looked pretty sleek too.

I can't wait.

Currently at 3000 (I think).

Led.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Led Zep said:
Yes, these cars are traveling the country to train dealers.

I spoke with my dealer last week who had just come back from one.

He said that their sales team went to Washington DC and got to drive these Solstices on a closed track. They also got to compare the New Miata and the S2000 as well.

Apparently the caravan travels to different cities so dealerships can get a first-hand look and trial of the cars before selling them.

They bring along a new Miata and a S2000 as a side-by-side comparison.

This is a wise move on GM's part!

He said he felt the ride / handling of the Solstice was better than the other 2 and was much better to look at.

He was impressed with the "aggressive" color and said that it looked better in person.

Also said that the "mysterious" (my choice), looked pretty sleek too.

I can't wait.

Currently at 3000 (I think).

Led.
Where in VA are you? I'm in the Richmond area.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in Winchester. Our dealership is Kern Motor Co.

They sold one of the 1st K Sol's (# 4).

I saw the car and had to have one. I ordered mine at the end of August.

Led.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts