Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I think it is interesting that the parking sensors are at two different heights. Maybe the second one is upgraded, once they found out the crease blocked the signal at close range?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Good point about the height, that seems to indicates it is aftermarket / dealer option. I checked more G2X and only ones I found to have parking sensors are these rebadged ones.

An interesting find was one with no parking sensors, rebadged to Opel in the rear and rebadged to Saturn in the front, owner could to make up her (must be a woman) mind :)

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I'm guessing aftermarket, but maybe mandated by certain European countries, much like we have certain restrictions here.

Down a rabbit hole again... I can remember seeing a European Town Car....WOW....how much uglier it got for European standards with the sidemarker lights and amber turn signal lights in the taillights, not too mention the full decklid with the spot for the license plate moved down to the bumper.....eeewwwww....

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
The G2X was only exported to Korea. So it is unlikely this has to do with any European legislation.
Okay, so then Korean legislation.... What difference does it make? What I should have said was any country outside of the US. Maybe Korea mandates back-up sensors....much like the US now (I can't remember when it becomes law) mandates back-up cameras on any new vehicle sold in the US.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I checked photos of a few dozen other G2X that are for sale I did not see rear parking sensors on any of them.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
Curiosity compels me to ask: Do you have any information on how many Daewoo G2X cars were made in Wilmington? They weren't broken out of the Saturn Sky production numbers published by GM.

The best Reed and I have ever come up with was a quotation in a Korean newspaper: "In 2007, the company introduced the Saturn Sky Red Line as the G2X but the vehicle petered out with only 179 units sold here between 2007 and 2009." Out on a limb or on to a winner?

If you've got hard numbers, I'd appreciate a reply. Thanks!

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Yep, certainly remember that thread.

Still working on it, but at the moment I have 174 full G2X VIN listed. Not just correct VIN but actual built cars. THis is after covering about 92% of all Kappa production (assuming to be 107000+)

I suspect though that some G2X, at least the one presented at the Bosan Mortor Show in 2006, did not have a Daewoo VIN but simply a Sky VIN. But that is just an assumption. No proof for that (yet)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wonder is the G2x came with the ashtray stock in both doors ?
Can't seem to find parts any were

I wonder f it was a upgrade in the Opel ?

The American option was just a cup looking thing and the Opel it was in the inside corners in the door panels

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
Yep, certainly remember that thread.

Still working on it, but at the moment I have 174 full G2X VIN listed. Not just correct VIN but actual built cars. THis is after covering about 92% of all Kappa production (assuming to be 107000+)

I suspect though that some G2X, at least the one presented at the Bosan Mortor Show in 2006, did not have a Daewoo VIN but simply a Sky VIN. But that is just an assumption. No proof for that (yet)
Let us know what you come up with, when you get done.

Thanks in advance.

:toetap:

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I don't believe they were standard, but an add on. Not terribly easy to find. Took me several months to get mine. Norbert GT was the one that found them for me, and they were quite expensive. The drive side has a lighter with light ring the same orange/yellow as the dash lights.

Never been a smoker, but wanted them to make the car more Opel like.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks I'm trying to understand why I understand why when looking at the parts #3 and #4 it's listed two different part #s and 3 on the other but the description looks the same ?
My web translator does a half ass job LOL

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Note the photos below of the first shown G2X (May 2006) which has many details that are , as far as I know , very different from the production models. For instance the side markers on the fenders and the single exhaust.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts