Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
Other than the badges, that is a 2007 NA Saturn Sky, right down to the front bumper cover.

Thanks for for posting that.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
The back brace is fine but the front brace is not in the correct place as ours.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
The back brace is fine but the front brace is not in the correct place as ours.
Which only goes to show there are probably as many ways to brace a chassis as there are engineers and designers assigned to develop bracing . . . :dthumbs:

:D

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Different upgrade wheels, also noticed that the G2X has the red third tail light. I need to find my Opel book and see if it had red or white. I put red light in all of my cars, of course the Solstice came with it.

Thanks for posting sir. Have not seen much on this vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
The GT I know have both combined in one light between the exhausts.
Red rear fog light and white backup light.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I think the Fog light was my first real mod. But I also changed the third brake light to the Solstice Red one. Also have the flasher on it. I tried for a week to the fog to flash, but never did. As we all know, were so low and tail gating has become the rage everywhere. The more lights on the back is a good idea. I ordered the light bar from Norm about 10 months ago. Hoping to see it soon. Will make it safer I think.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
In thread http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/kappa-production-numbers-based-vin-145273/ I write that 185 G2X have been manufactured according to VIN, including 3 EX VIN. So one would think that a maximum 182 would have been exported to Korea.

Just now I stumble upon this ...............

184 are mentioned.

So that is too much. Perhaps they included the first G2X for the Bosan Motor show and another show vehicle. The silver Bosun show vehicle looks like it might have had a SKy VIN. Of course that is just my guess. More info on that car in the quote below. But perhaps their numbers are just off, or perhaps mine are off. Which is unlikely of course :)

Note the photos below of the first shown G2X (May 2006) which has many details that are , as far as I know , very different from the production models. For instance the side markers on the fenders and the single exhaust.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
185 less the 3 EX VIN is 182, tuck a couple or three away in the depths of the GM Heritage Collection for safe keeping, and you are at the 179 that the earlier Korean paper reported.

We'll probably never know the exact number with any certainty!

:thumbs:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
I do know with certainty that at least 185 Kappa where built with a Daewoo G2X VIN
Let me rephrase: We'll probably never know the exact number with any certainty, of how many actually reached South Korea.

I do not dispute your 185 number at all, I find it remarkable that it is only 185 if indeed 179 made it to Korea.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
For me it would make sense when the number that reached Korea is simply 185 - 3 = 182 cars.

I think it is also remarkable that 3 EX VIN where needed for a car that was basically a re-badged Sky. Originally I expected there would be no EX VIN G2X at all.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts