Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
For me it would make sense when the number that reached Korea is simply 185 - 3 = 182 cars.

I think it is also remarkable that 3 EX VIN where needed for a car that was basically a re-badged Sky. Originally I expected there would be no EX VIN G2X at all.
Of course, the two references we had showed that there were 179 "sold". Maybe there are 3 Daewoos sitting somewhere in a warehouse "unsold".

Who knows? Not me!

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I really like the white G2X/Opel in this post...color looks great on the car...wonder why GM didn't provide a Solstice/Sky in this color?

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
For me it would make sense when the number that reached Korea is simply 185 - 3 = 182 cars.

I think it is also remarkable that 3 EX VIN where needed for a car that was basically a re-badged Sky. Originally I expected there would be no EX VIN G2X at all.
Of course they might not have looked at VIN / EX VIN differences at all and simply listed all G2X VIN as the to be recalled number. Of course that leaves the question why they report 184 instead of 185.

·
Super Moderator
8,040 Posts
the fore/aft running rear bracing looks intriguing; wonder if it helps?

Bill
I'm not sure how it would, since the a-arm already directs loads in that direction, but it would be interesting to find out.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm not sure how it would, since the a-arm already directs loads in that direction, but it would be interesting to find out.
my guess is that a-frame attachment point is a bit weak, otherwise there would be no reason for the DDM brace
Bill

·
Super Moderator
8,040 Posts
my guess is that a-frame attachment point is a bit weak, otherwise there would be no reason for the DDM brace
Bill
There is a weakness, but it is a problem for lateral forces. My thinking is that there are no longitudinal forces there.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
whoever designed those bars did so for a reason other than bling. acceleration and torque steer are two of the forces in play in the lomgitundal direction. if the DDM brace is needed laterally then the attachment point must have a weakness; locking it in fore/aft certainly won't hurt...

they'll function somewhat like the 'traction bars' of my misspent youth (and $$$) but for the 'frame' instead of the rear suspension
Bill

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
시대를 잘못 타고나 1년 만에 단종된 전설의 스포츠카.. 대우 G2X를 데리고왔습니다!

41 - 60 of 85 Posts