Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine just came in. Who else runs a dash cam? How did you wire it? I got the hardwire kit with it and it looks like it goes right into the fuse box. I will check it out the instructions when I get home.

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
You can run a wire over behind the top windshield trim and down the behind the passenger A-pillar trim to the BCM fuses.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Soup's suggestion is the easiest way to go. There are several unused, switched fuse sockets in the passenger footwell that you can plug a fused pigtail into.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those with add on electronics (Dash cams, Garmins, etc) what do you do with them when you get out of your car somewhere? Take them with you, lock them up, or just hope they're there when you walk back to your car?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those with add on electronics (Dash cams, Garmins, etc) what do you do with them when you get out of your car somewhere? Take them with you, lock them up, or just hope they're there when you walk back to your car?
I leave **** in my car with the top down all the time. Now with that said I don't ever leave things I can't be without or cost a ton of cash. I could have spent hundreds on a camera but opted for one that if someone took I wouldn't necessarily cry over. If someone want my **** I would rather let them have it then deal with smashed window or cut tops. But that's me. Some of my buddies think I'm an idiot but you know what, I can't remember the last time someone swiped something from my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts