Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I vote for the red. Having never owned a GM vehicle with steering wheel controls, are these illiminated (backlighted)?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Red is for purists

Red is the correct color for night driving. Most boaters know that instruments, if illuminated, will be red. That is to preserve as much night vision as possible. That said, I love my VWs purple and red lighted dash.

Also, Ex, I think the blue looks pretty cool, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2003 Grand Am GT1 right now and the steering wheel icons aren't back-lighted. The only lighting on the steering wheel is a little yellow blip for the on/off with the cruise control. It would be nice though!!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
PAS22 said:
I vote for the red. Having never owned a GM vehicle with steering wheel controls, are these illiminated (backlighted)?
The steering wheel controls on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix are illuminated in red. (In fact one side is burned out and I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it.) That was of course six years ago, but I hope the steering wheel controls on the Solstice will be illuminated as well.

·
Registered
905 Posts
In my 97 Sunfire they're lit up red as well, kinda cool looking.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The main thing here is the color of the background more than the dials.

In my 02 celica GT I had orange dials with a black background.
Looked great at night, but during the day as the sun it them you could not
read the gagues at all.

The lighter color of this background I believe should fix that problem.

That being said, I think the red is better, and red is detected by your eyes
better than blue.

But who looks at how fast they are going anyway, or really pays that much attention to the tach. ?

Once you know the responce of the engine I always shifted by feel and sound
of the engine.

Later!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think that the blue is cool too, but if the pontiac symbol on the steering wheel is red then the dash would be best in red also. I don't like the red/blue clash. Maybe if the pontiac symbol was blue... I don't think that they would go changing the symbol color though.

·
5,600 Posts
I know red is the pontiac guage color but I find red to be annoying. It makes me tense. I don't know why. I can look at neutral blues or greens for hours. But the red color makes me anxious and tense. For that reason I don't like it, regardless how it preserves my night vision. Oh well, just another annoying "character trait" of the Solstice. I know I am going to like this car anyway!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Red!!! Those are my school colors. (NC State) And all shades of blue suck! I change the video settings on my monitor so I don't have to see the blue on this website when I read it! J/K

To all those in NC:
Which do you prefer State or Carolina? And would you stick with your teams colors or prefer the opposite (SACRILEGE!!!)? Just a little local aside, people in NC or from NC chime in please!

·
Registered
209 Posts
There is no way that I would want a car the color of the Fighting Goats of Carboro Tech !!!!! Pansie Blue.......

Red all the way - and it will look good w/my Green Solstice.........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pontiac has done a nice job of coordinating elaborate dash lighting. Dials, Equalizers, radio etc. I just hop it is coordinated as the radio looks to be blue and the dash dials red... Must be what you get when you go for off the shelf components... and a price point of $20K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts