Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a difference in price between CarID vendor and Ebay. I'm looking at blue carbon fiber or possibly blue chrome is I go the Ebay route.
Anyone have good experience with either? $60 vs $415 is a big difference

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't answer your question; however, I am interested in knowing also. I also saw the one on eBay for $59; but am interested in the Burlwood Matte one.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,009 Posts
Quite a difference in price between CarID vendor and Ebay. I'm looking at blue carbon fiber or possibly blue chrome is I go the Ebay route.
Anyone have good experience with either? $60 vs $415 is a big difference View attachment 115507 View attachment 115509
I think I got the remin back in 2013 when I had my first Solstice in black carbon fiber.
I have a vague memory of it being in the $200-ish range…
Regardless it was a well made kit and the boomerang ended being the only “hard” part of the install. Hard to get all the holes lined up for all the buttons and knobs and it was very unforgiving in that once it was on, it was O N.

I remember the steering wheel switch covers did bug me as the whole thing was relatively “thick” and the buttons end up being recessed after you add the thickness of the overlay.

also those parts were the most likely to wear and start delaminating as you touch and interact with them the most. I had to reglue the left side switch covers more than once.

I also found it slightly “poofy” anywhere there was a penetration, such as the rotary dash dimmer pot and traction control switches.

also a tad glossy (at least on the black carbon fiber one I got) and this a bit to reflective of the sunlight.

I liked the kit, but not enough to do it a second time on my current Sol.. I decided to buy a second junk yard dash and paint it and was much happier with the result.

It’s all personal taste and I don’t know if that helps you as this is regarding a 7 year old recollection.

good luck and post some pictures if you end up going that route :)

Here are some pics I still have:
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille
Speedometer Vehicle Steering part Plant Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,009 Posts
If you look at the top right of this picture you can see a blue clamp in the picture. I had to clamp it down to get it to stick on the left side steering wheel switch cover… (look at that JPM Coachworks elbow pad on the center console. I would pay good money to get that back!)
Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Personal luxury car Automotive wheel system
Gear shift White Motor vehicle Steering part Car

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
If you look at the top right of this picture you can see a blue clamp in the picture. I had to clamp it down to get it to stick on the left side steering wheel switch cover… (look at that JPM Coachworks elbow pad on the center console. I would pay good money to get that back!)
View attachment 115700 View attachment 115701
I really like HHG's posts and communications. Amen on anything JPM Coachworks. It was all over when I got my Solstice GXP. If fantasy were truth, I'd contract with Dr. Womug for a bit of time travel in a heartbeat and probably for more that just a console pad. ;) The dream continues. (If you don't know Dr. Womug, you're not old yet.)

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I can't remember the kit I bought but it was about 1/8" thick with a foam backing. It has been on the car for several years now and has held up well. Just be sure to get placed correctly the first time. Once it is stuck down, its there for good.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't remember the kit I bought but it was about 1/8" thick with a foam backing. It has been on the car for several years now and has held up well. Just be sure to get placed correctly the first time. Once it is stuck down, its there for good.
Looks good. I like the wood grain look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts