Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the plaque on the dash just say First Thousand like the one on the Apprentice. or will it be number like what they did with the firehawk starting with number 1 of 1000 ,2 of 1000 3 of1000 etc. does anyone know?

·
Registered
72 Posts
best thing to do is ask matt1234543210 (he'll know because he got 2) :glol: :glol: :glol: :yesnod:

·
Registered
230 Posts
2Xphoenix said:
best thing to do is ask matt1234543210 (he'll know because he got 2) :glol: :glol: :glol: :yesnod:
:glol: :glol: :glol: :glol:

although we won't know for sure until he posts that video! Meaning, he might have the '07 GT version, since he paid "extra" money.
:glol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

I was wondering the same thing. Not that I care because I'm not of that minority anyway... but just curious. I have a feeling that all will say 'First 1000' but I was sort of hoping they would be numbered (1 of 1000, etc). But judging by what they say about the first 1000 aren't going to be made in the order they were placed, then it wouldn't make any sense. Cause if I was the VERY FIRST order in the system and got a plaque that said "857 of 1000" I'd be pretty pissed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nix Sol said:
:glol: :glol: :glol: :glol:

although we won't know for sure until he posts that video! Meaning, he might have the '07 GT version, since he paid "extra" money.
The extra money he paid was to get priority delivery...for 2 Solstices...right to his house, no less...#'s 0008 and 0009...so where are #'s0001-0007??...

I would have believed his story if he said his dad was an engineer at GM, and was able to sneak in a late night drive of a pre-prod SOL., when daddy wasn't looking.

Anybody can lie, It takes talent to be good at it!! :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
injunnuity said:
Will the plaque on the dash just say First Thousand like the one on the Apprentice. or will it be number like what they did with the firehawk starting with number 1 of 1000 ,2 of 1000 3 of1000 etc. does anyone know?
I believe they are supposed to say #X of 1000 on them.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm thinking it a standard plaque that says first 1000 (not numbered). I could be wrong but that's my guess.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I recall when watching the Apprentice that the dash plaque was indeed numbered. Not to say that they will continue to follow that prototype...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
If you have the tape.. go back to the shot in the studio where Brent says "get a photo of that plaque"..... I'm almost positive I saw "number 1 of 1000"

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts

This is in our gallery. However, I also thought I have seen one that said 1 of 1000 on it too.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the Apprentice episode?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
package said:
Does anyone have a copy of the Apprentice episode?
I do. Wish I could get a shot up here, but I can't yet.

Much to my surprise, it does say "1 of 1000."

This is where my logic was off slightly. For some strange reason, I have a feeling that all first 1000 are going to say "1 of 1000" because they are all technically 1 car of 1000 special cars. That's where I was going with my thoughts.

But then again, who knows as it can only be speculation at this point. The badge on the Apprentice looks absolutely nothing like the on we have in the gallery. So who knows which one they will go with and what they'll put on it.

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On the apprentice the plaque did indeed say "1 of 1,000".

Since then, Pontiac appears to have modified the plaque, as all new pictures of the plaque now say "First 1,000".

If I had to bet, I would say that they will not be individually numbered, and will all ship with a "First 1,000" plaque.

Flagg

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I looked at a copy of the Solstice brochure that was handed out on April 15. It was produced on the Apprentice and supposedly used the pics they shot on the show. There is one of the interior and the badge clearly shows "First 1000". Anybody else have a copy of the show to take another look? I do remember that it was a very quick shot in the show and was tough to see.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Remember this spring's Apprentice was shot last fall (2004). I bet the badge changed between then and now.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i still want to know where in the 1st 1000 my car ws built. i expect that we will be able to get the VIN sequence of the 1st 1000 and figure it out. i'm hoping for a '###-of1k' vanity plate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts