Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it was inside the dash but found that when I removed the chrome trim piece around the gauges the noise goes away.

Have not reinstalled, anybody had similar experiance and any fixes/improvements before I try to reinstall?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Seen this spoken of before in posts, but I've had mine off multiple times and yet don't have any noise.

I wonder though if it's actually the rings or the gauge tunnels that are rattling? The tunnels have four rubber buttons on the bottom that rest against the gauge lens/window. These are VERY easy to knock off and lose and may well cause rattling if so. You might want to check first.

(If that's the issue, a little blob of black silicone on the posts would probably work.)

·
Registered
204 Posts
It is the rings. Mine were rattling very bad and I took them off and stuffed some tissue in there. That seemed to fix the rattle. Now I have some new rattle noises at the very front of the dash, not sure where they are coming from exactly.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
It is the rings. Mine were rattling very bad and I took them off and stuffed some tissue in there. That seemed to fix the rattle. Now I have some new rattle noises at the very front of the dash, not sure where they are coming from exactly.
It's the tunnels! :lol:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Black RTV should work - but would possibly buying some rubber bumpers (peel and stick) work also? I've no rattles - yet! (But popping those rings and tunnels out sure is an easier way of cleaning the polycarb/acrylic over the gauges!)

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The part number for those rubber insulators at the back of the gauge tunnel is 24603681.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Black RTV should work - but would possibly buying some rubber bumpers (peel and stick) work also? I've no rattles - yet! (But popping those rings and tunnels out sure is an easier way of cleaning the polycarb/acrylic over the gauges!)

Where were you when I needed you? It took me about six months of owning the car to figure that out.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Where were you when I needed you? It took me about six months of owning the car to figure that out.
You got off easy. It was about 10 months before I figured that out! :lol:

(And the only reason I did was when I was taking the boomerang off to check my HVAC blower control!)

·
Registered
256 Posts
The part number for those rubber insulators at the back of the gauge tunnel is 24603681.
Are they the same as the isolator a attached to the back of the sun visors? My passenger side is missing one of the little rubber nipples and rattles like crazy.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
^^^^^ What he said. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Hmmm, will have to check this out...I also thought it was the chrome trim rings.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine rattles too so I need to find a solution. I would still like the rings to be removable since there are times when the sun is shining right on the chrome and and is blinding.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My passenger side cup holder rattles loudly and its making me nuts, figured out that its the bottom part that the cup sits on. Any ideas on how to stop that? :willy:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Lou - make sure it's snapped completely together (it probably is, just double check.) I've not heard of others with this problem. Then you could experiment with small felt cabinet bumpers in different locations until you find a spot that quiets it down. Just be careful pushing it back in as you experiment - it breaks easily.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts