Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 500 miles on the clock, my Sol has developed an intermittent rattle in several places behind the dash fashia.

Hit a bump and the rattling starts, it is continuous, loud, and seems to be in several spots, from the speedo over to the radio. Hit another bump and it'll go silent until the next bump that sets it off again.

Since a lot of the roads around here are bumpy, it's going to drive me nuts until I can get it into the dealer.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have not experienced any of the problems reported here i.e., transmission clunking, rattling, leakage...I would get that looked at though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
VIN 365: No rattles here (a few very minor ones with the top in the up position). On squeek in the driver's side rear area of the door/rear quarter only when you hit a larger bump. Getting that looked at soon. No major shifting noise either (once in awhile very mild in 1st/2nd) but that's with low engine rev. Normal shifting i.e. around 4K rev. no noise except the nice sound of the engine and exhaust note. I have also found that most shifts can be done with clutch only halfway down... very smooth trans. compaired to others I've driven.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts