Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so who has a dash cover on thier solstice? what type? is it worth a poop or not? witch fits best?witch fits worst?carpet or the velour? does it help with the ac cooling after the car sits in the sun for a bit with engine off? my ac hear in florida works good but it does take a little while to cool off all the hot ducks and start blowing cold on me...and the wife of coarse...it would be nice if they made them in 2 tone like my dash is......probably special order and 3x the price, for that I can make my own. Ive searched a few times and cant seem to find any info.I saw some on flebay,I have used them in the past, and just ordered one for the wifes honda element. I really dont like them since my dash looks so darn good....but....I dont want it to be dead either. the door pannels first1/8" from the window are changing color...I gotta get windows tinted soon( it was like that when I got tit. thanks for any info !!!good or bad,( bad is usualy better info then good)

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
NorthernSol had his covered in leather, it looks sweet!
Thank you Chop. Been six years now since I had it done and she is just like new. I always use a sun blocker in the front window when she is parked outside plus I am often running with the tonneau on.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
so who has a dash cover on thier solstice? what type? is it worth a poop or not? witch fits best?witch fits worst?carpet or the velour?)
Duh, I read dash cover and automatically thought of the aftermarket dash kits. Now I see you meant wrote "dash cover". Sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Wow! I like that a lot. Did you do that yourself?
No. JPM Coachworks near Atlanta GA did all my leather. They are no longer in business.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for some stupid reason it seems all gm products with the plastic top door panels change color and degrade from the sun on the top,they also get very soft and eazy to scratch the surface off of them..I doubt they will ever address the issue as the cars are out of warranty by then...and they dont care. I dont want my dash doing the same thing or my door pannels getting worse,I will be getting the windows tinted. even though I keep the car covered and under a carport and hopefuly some day to share the garage with the 356.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I have a dash mat on my Solstice and my truck. Color to match interior. Main reason I got it for the Solstice was because there was just way too much yellow/tan of the dash glaring in my eyes.
Purchased it from California Car Cover. Dash Design is the brand.
If you get one, it will come folded up. Might lay it out in sun first to get somewhat flat.
Attached to dash with the hook half of stick on velcro. I bought more of the stuff and put it in several more spots.
Might still want to curl up but will lay flat as the sun softens the material.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ive got the same steelsand interrior, the glare dosent bother me at all, drives the wife nuts, so i want to keep it that color....but I would like it to match the dash.as in 2 tone cover. Ive seen the cali duster cover stuff for years and inatalled it on a few cars many years ago, we even sold a few of the dusters.....long long long ago in a universe farfar..well seems like another life....Ill keep my brain thinking,ill probably make one to my likeing...when I can get to the sewing machine...I need to fix the upolstry machine the kid effed up too...Ill live for ever with this list of I got to doo's. thanks for the pic riggs!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts