Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

As you know, Canuck_Solstice has created a new website serving as a database for Solstice owners to post pertinent information and for easy access and status tracking.

I think he has done an excellent job.

If the forum is to use this as a consolidated database, we need to think about what relevant information needs to be included.

I have started this thread for all members to provide input on how to enhance the information.

The site can be found in:
http://solstice.gotdns.com/default.asp

Thanks; and please submit serious suggestions only

·
Registered
101 Posts
Primus said:
it'd be great if you could sort the listings. Especially after there are more of them.
Hi Primus..
i agree.. that is in the works.. i had it all working with .NET but then there was compatibilty errors on the web server.. so i had to change it all to ASP.. so now i just need a little more time to finish it..

bottom line..

i would like to have sorting in there...
i adding 'Order Number' and 'Status' fields

i am going to put formatting in there too.. cause i can see people will start putting anything in any field ;-)

thanks..

Pino.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
515 Posts
putrfixr said:
Not sure you know... but we already have something similar...

http://ddz.net/solstice/
While we all love THE LIST, something that each owner can maintain themselves is much better. Keeps someone (like poor Excelsior) from having to read threads and PMs, update an Excel spreadsheet, and publish it to the web every day.

I really hoped that we could track all this sort of stuff directly in our SolsticeForum.com profiles. Keeps from having to worry about things like "Is the Chris on SF the same as the Chris on the XYZ database site?" This is why the SolsticeMap has died, the database lover in me just can't stand to see all this data replicated over and over again. If we want a truly consolidated DB, we should be asking/begging/bribing Troy to unleash the code monkeys on vBulletin code.

Back on topic, I would add color and LAT/LONG data, remembering that just because you gather the info and give the owner to ability to maintain it, doesn't mean you have to display it. Meaning, if I wanted to use this data to bring back the map (or provide maps for all owners, not just F1K), solstice_canuck could provide me a data dump customized with the data I would want while most would never see it.

$.02

·
Registered
515 Posts
Also, I nominate this thread for relocation to the general thread.

·
Registered
101 Posts
putrfixr said:
Not sure you know... but we already have something similar...

http://ddz.net/solstice/
hi putrfixr...

i love that list... i was just feeling out cause i could not track my info and could not see anyone else other than the 1k owners...

i think there are alot of other buyers on this site that are not the first 1k.

anyway... i hope i am not stepping on anyones toes here.. just thought it is useful information....

and i am happy to share the db with anyone that needs it.

regards.

pino
aka solstice_canuck

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did some work on it this morning.. i apologize for any errors anyone got..

you can now add your Order No. and Update your Status Code.

Sly_Ott could perhaps update the status codes when he gets them... not vunteering ya or anything.. just thougth it might be easier for ya then sending alot of posts... ;-)

cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Chris said:
While we all love THE LIST, something that each owner can maintain themselves is much better. Keeps someone (like poor Excelsior) from having to read threads and PMs, update an Excel spreadsheet, and publish it to the web every day.

I really hoped that we could track all this sort of stuff directly in our SolsticeForum.com profiles. Keeps from having to worry about things like "Is the Chris on SF the same as the Chris on the XYZ database site?" This is why the SolsticeMap has died, the database lover in me just can't stand to see all this data replicated over and over again. If we want a truly consolidated DB, we should be asking/begging/bribing Troy to unleash the code monkeys on vBulletin code.

Back on topic, I would add color and LAT/LONG data, remembering that just because you gather the info and give the owner to ability to maintain it, doesn't mean you have to display it. Meaning, if I wanted to use this data to bring back the map (or provide maps for all owners, not just F1K), solstice_canuck could provide me a data dump customized with the data I would want while most would never see it.

$.02
Yah, lat/long, and/or ZIP (if you have the ZIP+4, I think you can find the lat/long with that too, otherwise you can look up the center of the ZIP code area as the lat/long).

·
Registered
515 Posts
solsticeman said:
Yah, lat/long, and/or ZIP (if you have the ZIP+4, I think you can find the lat/long with that too, otherwise you can look up the center of the ZIP code area as the lat/long).
Ooohh, ZIP+4? I have a ZIP to Lat/Long database, but haven't seen a ZIP+4 one. I'll have to dig for some ZIP+4 references tonight. Anybody have some insight here?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Primus said:
it'd be great if you could sort the listings. Especially after there are more of them.
DONE..

just finished that feature...

i will be hands off now until there are more feature requests...

enjoy!

pino.

aka solstice_canuck

·
Registered
462 Posts
wasn't 04/15/2005 the first day you could actually order the Solstice?
Whay do so many people have earlier DOP dates?
Did you all pay cash or something?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
mcbman said:
wasn't 04/15/2005 the first day you could actually order the Solstice?
Whay do so many people have earlier DOP dates?
Did you all pay cash or something?
I noticed same thing too, first 1000 was 4/15, people might be putting in the date they put down money or something?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks like we might have a problem with bad data entry - some VINs don't look right.
Also, why are we interested in Lat/Long.? Wouldn't city or zip be sufficient? Maybe I'm not clear on what exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
101 Posts
mceb said:
I noticed same thing too, first 1000 was 4/15, people might be putting in the date they put down money or something?
not sure what you guys are referring to about the log/lat... but the DOP...

i put down the day i put in my order... and $500 DEPOSIT.

the data is whatever the people put in... so i am not sure what people are doing..

maybe i should put in validation?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mceb said:
The Solstice was available to buy on March 28/05.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SD SOL said:
Looks like we might have a problem with bad data entry - some VINs don't look right.
Also, why are we interested in Lat/Long.? Wouldn't city or zip be sufficient? Maybe I'm not clear on what exactly are you looking for?
What is wrong with the VIN#s you see?

·
Registered
121 Posts
All great points. When I first saw his DB, I thought of the map - it appears that we're duplicating efforts. (Just my $0.02). Although, consolidation sounds great!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts