Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dave at DDM is awsome

I am not much at typing, so, I am just going to cut, and paste an exchange between Dave, and I. When all was said and done, he offered to give me free stock tubes, and pay for the shipping. I had to insisted on paying for the shipping.

Dave you have excellent customer service.

Dave:

I received my charge tubes yesterday. They are beautiful, but, they are not what I ordered, and not what I want. I ordered plan, unpolished, unpainted tubes. What I received were polished tubes, that somebody has taken sand paper to. I live in California, the land of the smog Nazis. Any smog shop in this state, would recognize these as non OEM parts. I would then be referred to a referee, who would probably be able to spot all my carefully hidden engine mods. I am going to ship these back to you, and I would like for you to pay the return shipping. If in the future you are able to get unpainted, and never polished charge tubes, please let me know. I am also looking for used unpainted, unpolished Dejon charge tubes. The ones I currently have, have one very neat weld in them, and I am afraid that this would get flagged on a smog check.

Jim,

I am very sorry that the tubes are not what you wanted.

We checked with the manufacturer and they said that they never painted or polished that set of tubes. Since it is not what you want, feel free to send them back, we will of course refund your purchase price of them. We will also pay the return shipping on the item since you feel that the wrong thing was sent to you. Do you want us to schedule a pickup for you, or do you have a UPS store close that can pickup the package?

Good luck with your search on the charge tubes.

Thanks,
Dave Michel

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could a mod please fix the title.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That's a great story. I have had similar luck with some parts for my 73 vette and it's good to know that there's still folks out there that take pride and ownership of their products. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.