Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG - IT's Dirty!!!! :willy: :willy: I can see that my expenses for car wash supplies are going to increase greatly. I've now got 200 miles on my Solstice, and had no choice but to drive it in a downpour today. The good news is, no leaks. It's not what I expected from a convertible after having three C5 convertibles. Handling even in a heavy rain is great, just have to watch out for large puddles. :lol: I keep comparing the Solstice to a C5 Corvette, and for the first 24 hours of ownership, I made the right decision to sell the Corvette for the Solstice. I have to drive about 1500 feet on a dirt road to get to my subdivision, and everytime I took the Corvette out, I felt that the road would shake the body apart (fiberglass rattling), not so with the Solstice. The 177 hp engine is enough power to give the impression that there is alot more on tap. The stereo sounds great (I have the uplevel single CD player with Monsoon system). I was wishy-washy about using this Solstice as an everyday driver, but decided I was too old for any more garage queens, so it is going to see use everyday. My wife likes it (darn), and her comment of the day is "it makes me feel alot younger". Maybe it's time to get rid of the mini-van and become a two Solstice family. :) As the novelity and newness starts to wear off, I will have to take a more serious look at what I think is the ideal car for me, and do an indepth review of it, but until then, I'm going to just enjoy it.

·
2,574 Posts
Rogobuck said:
OMG - IT's Dirty!!!! :willy: :willy: I can see that my expenses for car wash supplies are going to increase greatly. I've now got 200 miles on my Solstice, and had no choice but to drive it in a downpour today. The good news is, no leaks. It's not what I expected from a convertible after having three C5 convertibles. Handling even in a heavy rain is great, just have to watch out for large puddles. :lol: I keep comparing the Solstice to a C5 Corvette, and for the first 24 hours of ownership, I made the right decision to sell the Corvette for the Solstice. I have to drive about 1500 feet on a dirt road to get to my subdivision, and everytime I took the Corvette out, I felt that the road would shake the body apart (fiberglass rattling), not so with the Solstice. The 177 hp engine is enough power to give the impression that there is alot more on tap. The stereo sounds great (I have the uplevel single CD player with Monsoon system). I was wishy-washy about using this Solstice as an everyday driver, but decided I was too old for any more garage queens, so it is going to see use everyday. My wife likes it (darn), and her comment of the day is "it makes me feel alot younger". Maybe it's time to get rid of the mini-van and become a two Solstice family. :) As the novelity and newness starts to wear off, I will have to take a more serious look at what I think is the ideal car for me, and do an indepth review of it, but until then, I'm going to just enjoy it.
Great to hear your comparison. Sounds like the Monsoon may make sense.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! Glad you posted your comments about a dirt road. I live 1 mile off the pavement. Was really worried about body rattles. Enjoy the car, let the wife drive it some. :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
birdliver said:
Great to hear your comparison. Sounds like the Monsoon may make sense.
I think we have come to a mass conclusion on this forum that the stock stereo sounds like absolute crap.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
What?, You are not putting your car in a bubble to preserve but are actually driving and enjoying it? Good on. :cool:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MSG_McKee said:
It is sad :( ... but many do that to low production cars.
I know, as I was one of those people with the Corvettes I have owned. Always tried to keep the mileage under 10,000 miles, never drive in rain/snow or when the road was too rough to get to pavement. Always had a nice clean car, but was "afraid" to use it too much as the value would go down. Life is way too short to worry about how much money I would loose by driving a car that is intended to be driven, so the Solstice will still get the star treatment, but it will also get driven daily. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fortimir said:
I think we have come to a mass conclusion on this forum that the stock stereo sounds like absolute crap.
:glol:

Ima drive it into the ground....and enjoy every minute of it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rogobuck - glad to hear that you like your car!

Rogobuck,

I'm glad to hear that you like your car. I know that I love mine! So far, our's has about 250 miles on it & no problems.

I read on this forum that one person bought a different car because they didn't want something that everyone wanted to stop & talk about....well we love our Solstice for exactly that reason.

It's really neat to have a car that everyone likes & wants to talk about.

Congratulations on getting your car & enjoy the ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts