1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Daylight Saving Time

Well Spring ,Summer And now Fall
Were has the time gone.
Here on the northeast coast It will be dark by 4:45 starting Sunday.
We my get some SNOW tomorrow, Can you please send My Solstice Before Thanksgiving. Thats all I want for Christmas.
Have a nice weekend to all and to all a good night.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Were has the time gone.
We my get some SNOW tomorrow, Can you please send My Solstice Before Thanksgiving. Thats all I want for Christmas.
SNOW!! :eek: :eek:

Stay warm up there.

·
4,592 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Were has the time gone.
If you get it by Christmas, you could park it in your living room.....and decorate it instead of the traditional Christmas Tree :lol:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
stang said:

(Cue the music...)

I'm dreaming of White Halloween...., oh, wait, that can't be right!?!?!?

Wow, is snow this early typical for you guys up there? Must make it tough for all those little tricker-treaters, unless their costume is an eskimo!

·
4,592 Posts
reminants of Wilma I believe

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RODEO said:
reminants of Wilma I believe

No wilma was the storm we had wed-thurs.
This is just your normal New England Weather. Sunday it will be in the 60s
It can snow here from oct to june. But sometimes we have a 70 or 80 degree
day in the middle of winter. Would not change it for a minute. I love the 4 seasons here.All though the last few years, it seems like all we have had is 4 months of summer and 8 months of winter.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Uh-oh... Fortimir's here to crash the party.

It is DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME (no plural savingS)...

...but it has become socially acceptable and is now considered an alternate in some dictionary entries. But fool all your friends! Say it the correct way, and they will think you are wrong and argue with you.

The expression daylight savings time (with the extra "s") is a common alternate form but is not considered to be proper English because "saving" is used here as a verbal adjective describing a single type of activity.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fortimir said:

...but it has become socially acceptable and is now considered an alternate in some dictionary entries. But fool all your friends! Say it the correct way, and they will think you are wrong and argue with you.

The expression daylight savings time (with the extra "s") is a common alternate form but is not considered to be proper English because "saving" is used here as a verbal adjective describing a single type of activity.
I stand corrected,
Can you do my homework

·
Registered
206 Posts
All that snow!

I'm thinkin that chains are not an option I want for my Solstice. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Fortimir said:

Personally, I believe we should just fall back 30 minutes and be done with this changing of the clock thingy.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
S2KAP2 said:
It is DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME (no plural savingS)... say it however....it still sucks
Another great reason for living in Arizona! And our congress is so out of touch that they extended it for you poor suckers. I guess they really believe they have the power to extend daylight hours. ;)

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
RODEO said: "park it in your living room.....and decorate it instead of the traditional Christmas Tree"

Doesn't that belong on the ******* Thread? Good one! :)

Fortimir: does Editguy know you stole his reference books? AND his job? Well, my guess is he doesn't use those books anyway, he's got all the rules memorized. But he does need the job, so give it up. :)

Good catch, Fortimir.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
And RustyPaint: I can't cite this as authoritative, but ...

Did you ever hear that commercial where they say things like: if you want a parking space, go to Los Angeles, they have more parking spaces than any other city in the country.

If you want a hotel room, go to Las Vegas. The hotels at one intersection there have more hotel rooms than the entire city of Washington DC.

If you want sunshine, go to Reno. They have more days of sunshine than any other city in the country.

Maybe at the state level, Arizona wins out. Maybe at the city level, Reno wins, I don't know. But if they said it on TV, we can believe it, right? :willy:

PS: I graduated from Reno High School and I vacation in Reno/Lake Tahoe 3 or 4 times a year. God has his mail forwarded to Lake Tahoe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts