Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, check out the picture of the Solstice at the top of any solsticeforum page... it shows the Solstice with the daytime running lights on, correct? Or are those the blinkers / hazard / warning lights (or both)? In which case, why are the exibited so proudly in the photo?

Secondly, the model we've been shown in Edmunds drive article and at the auto shows had these lights off, and it could easily be seen that there is no yellow reflector contained within the housing. They had a nice, clean single-color look to match the headlights. So that means the show model either had silver bulbs that light up yellow (which I hope, so it will maintain the clear look during the day), or didn't have any functionality at all, and in reality the production model will have a yellow reflector that you can see during the day time.

This all may be a small detail, but if the production model does have a plastic yellow reflector in that space to light up that color, I will be quick to pull it out of there!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Being from Canada where daytime running lights are required by law, they are usually found as a bulb in the main headlamp assembly. I think it would be nice if it were the smaller lamps but in my opinion I think that it might interfere with the signal light function.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Here is my guess at what you are seeing.

Its a multi light lense using a turn signal/hazard/running light in the top half and a fog light/driving light in the bottom half. The turn/hazard/running light is an orange bulb behind a clear lense. GM has used this style many times in the past.

The easiest to see this is on a Buick Century or Regal, or an Olds Intrigue. They use the orange turn/hazard lamps as running lights. They are orange bulbs behind clear lenses too.

They don't need to have an orange reflector in the front, but the side marker must have an orange reflector element in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts