Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the "American Bound" Solstices will have daytime running lights? I know that in Canada, all vehicles do, however, not so sure about these. Or, perhaps, will the lights (depending on options selected) automatically come on at dusk?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The answer is yes and yes.. They both come standard if I am not mistaken.

dlent said:
Does anyone know if the "American Bound" Solstices will have daytime running lights? I know that in Canada, all vehicles do, however, not so sure about these. Or, perhaps, will the lights (depending on options selected) automatically come on at dusk?

·
Registered
316 Posts
dlent said:
I'm hoping this is the setup. Check out the "NYC 11" pic that was one of a group posted 3/26/05 by mceb. Sorry, forgot the thread but maybe one of the power Mods can help me out here.

This is a much better arrangement than having the highbeams on at low intensity.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=448&sort=2&cat=3017&page=1

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, those yellow lights in the pic would be the turn signals/parking lights. I know at least in Alaska it's illegal to have the vehicle in motion while the parking lights are on (unless you have headlights or foglights on too). I would think rather that a bulb in the headlight assembly would be on at low intensity for the daylight running lamps.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Later Camaros and Firebirds used a similar setup. As do C5 and C6 'vettes, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts