Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 Solstice this past June and so far I love it!! We live in Beavercreek, Ohio and I was wondering if there is anyone on here from Beavercreek or at least the Dayton area!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm about 2 hours away, down past Jackson, I do have a friend that lives in lewisburg and I drive up there sometimes...i just recently bought an Agressive GXP (07)...and love it as well!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Grew up in Overlook Homes in the early 50's then we moved to Xenia. Left for Texas in 72 and have been since.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome aboard.
The active forum members that I am aware of are Red Dog/Beavercreek/06 NA, Billy M/Carlisle/'hot rod' 09 Hahn turbo-ized, and myself/N Dayton/08 GXP.I'm sure there are many other forum members in the area.
Join in the fun on the Bourbon Tour and the T2TR this fall and meet many others. Both events are multi-day but you can generally shorten them to meet your needs.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Was hoping to find an active Solstice club in the area. A Fall Color Tour would be nice. Maybe down towards southern or south east Ohio. Have been in the local MG club for years. See a gray Solstice in a business parking lot in Union. See several Sky's around the Englewood area. Know of one fella who owns a red Sky in Englewood. See a yellow Sky down near the Air Force Museum where I volunteer one day a week. Passed a guy and his wife (?) in Northridge. They were driving a customized white Sky. Too stylish for me! Kinda snobbish...did not wave back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We pass a red Solstice quite often by the Fairfield Commons mall.....they wave when they see us. We don't see very many but when we do see one we wave......some wave back and some don't. :) If you find a Solstice club in the area let me know. My husband and I would love to get with other owners and chat about the cars. We both absolutely love it!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'm in the AF and looking at going for an assignment to Wright Patt after I'm done w/ this Moscow gig. Might see you all in Summer '14!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
As a vocational welding instructor, I spent a week and a half in Moscow and two and a half weeks in Khabarovsk during a Russian/American Vocational Student Exchange. Bet we have some stories and pictures to share!!! Will never forget the "facilities"!!!!

Sounds like we have enough people in this area to start up some kind of informal club/gathering. Trips to Southern or SE Ohio. Isn't there a road over by Marietta that is supposed to be Ohio's version of the Tail of the Dragon? Trip up to the Cord/Duesenberg museum? Covered bridge tour? Sometime this spring, I plan on a run to Ripley for the day, maybe taking the ferry across the river into Kentucky for lunch and then work my way home on as many curvy back roads as I can find...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe you are referring to Ohio's Dragon's Tail | Ohio Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com Very fun ride long ago. Also recommended:

Ohio's Route 800 (south of I-70) | Ohio Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
&
Greenfield To Aberdeen (on SR 41) | Ohio Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Same website I know, but it has a nice map interface. Good listing of OH roads, there is another website that is more basic in appearance but rates how technical they are better.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome!

Great to have you here on the forum. Enjoy the attention from lookie-loos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts