Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wonder what benefit it offers over a ZFR or a WR-3. It looks like they invested into developing a new manifold and downpipe(traditional method) over casting OEM style turbine housings.

Will it outperform a ZFR 7163 which ZZP sells for less than DDMs kit and supports more HP while retaining the factory manifold and lets you save money by retaining the downpipe you already have. Draw back being the wastegate bracket needing to be modified to clear the chassis.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
If you are saying they invested on a new exhaust manifold the answer is NO.
Is just an adapter plate that lets the T25 connect to the OEM exhaust manifold.
Also in this case you have the factory EFR-6758 and not a reworked EFR-6758.
The kit also includes a HFC instead of the OEM Cat.
Also if DDM would offer a T4 adapter plate to go with the OEM manifold then a twin scroll 6758 could be install, this setup produces just as much HP as the single scroll 7163.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you are saying they invested on a new exhaust manifold the answer is NO.
Is just an adapter plate that lets the T25 connect to the OEM exhaust manifold.
Also in this case you have the factory EFR-6758 and not a reworked EFR-6758.
The kit also includes a HFC instead of the OEM Cat.
Also if DDM would offer a T4 adapter plate to go with the OEM manifold then a twin scroll 6758 could be install, this setup produces just as much HP as the single scroll 7163.
Yeah i know they didn't invest into casting a new housing. ZZP and Pwerks did though. DDM is selling a standard t25 flange EFR with a matching manifold and downpipe. That is why the price is close to $3k.

With the ZFR and WR-3 you can keep the downpipe you have now. Which for most who mod their cars is already a high flow or cat less. Thus saving you from spending money on a mod you already bought. But for those who have no exhaust mods the price difference may be negligible.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i know they didn't invest into casting a new housing. ZZP and Pwerks did though. DDM is selling a standard t25 flange EFR with a matching manifold and downpipe. That is why the price is close to $3k.

With the ZFR and WR-3 you can keep the downpipe you have now. Which for most who mod their cars is already a high flow or cat less. Thus saving you from spending money on a mod you already bought. But for those who have no exhaust mods the price difference may be negligible.
Does the WR-3/ZZP kit raise the cat a little bit? I think I read it raised the CAT a little.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does the WR-3/ZZP kit raise the cat a little bit? I think I read it raised the CAT a little.
Not that I know of. The housing is casted to be in the same location as the factory one

·
Registered
271 Posts
My ZFR hasn't changed the location of my downpipe. Maybe ZZP's and PAW's catted downpipes move the cat further up the pipe in location, but as far as overall location of the downpipe, that hasn't changed.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed Dave asking if there was a price reduction for those that already had a HF CAT. Haven't heard back from him yet. The WR-3 sounds like a really good deal.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
WR3 is what I want...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I emailed Dave asking if there was a price reduction for those that already had a HF CAT. Haven't heard back from him yet. The WR-3 sounds like a really good deal.
You probably can't reuse your downpipes. The turbo outlet flange is not the same on the standard EFR turbine housing so their kit requires a new DP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts