Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would start this thread as an option for those who have exhaust that another vendors product might not fit.

Check it out on DDM Works web site.

·
Premium Member
10,281 Posts
How are the bolts that attach to the existing plate (2 have to be drill) go on?.
Do you have to take the carpet off from the trunk to do the install and secure the bolts?.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
How are the bolts that attach to the existing plate (2 have to be drill) go on?.
Do you have to take the carpet off from the trunk to do the install and secure the bolts?.
No, the frame rail that runs from right to left, you drill up from the bottom. You then place the bolt through the Pro Beam, through the frame beam, then you use a washer and nut on the top of the frame beam. It looks like a very secure unit, much stiffer than the kappasphere.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Do to the nature of suspension stiffening, I would expect you will fell it more in the front than the back, it has always amazed me that a bigger sway bar on the back changes the way the front reacts in cornering and vice versa. Initial reviews have said that people are noticing less nose dive with the bar in place.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I already have the GMPP suspension and couldn't feel anything as far as a stiffer ride. It's like goat said, the difference is in the cornering. It goes into and comes out of the corners without diving nearly as much. It's a Good Thing ™.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Here is a link to the instructions:

http://www.ddmworks.com/instructions/DDMWorks_Pro-Beam_Installation.pdf

As for the difference with the Pro-beam on, I think everyone's comments about it about sums it up. The car takes a set a lot faster going into a turn, making the car feel lighter on its feet and a lot more fun :)

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
We had 6 customers from the first batch that had Magnaflow exhausts on their cars, I do not know the exact sizes of their systems though. A car here in the shop has a Magnaflow 2.5" and it fits without a problem. Also if for some reason it does not fit, you are always welcome to return the brace, no questions asked :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Magnaflow 3 inch exhaust

have you guys heard of any customers who installed your beam with a magnaflow 3'' exhaust? Just trying to make sure of my clearances. thanks
I have the Magnaflow 3 inch exhaust and it fits with about a half inch clearance. From my initial impressions of the handling, well I am still :yesnod: . The Sol handled great before but it is exceptional now. Much flatter in the curves and less flex of the rear. I haven't got to really put it thru it paces yet as I have the PCM out and enroute to Westers for programming. Hopefully I will get to play :driving: and see how the performance and handling is this weekend. Later Hillbilly

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have solo mach exhaust will it fit? And will this make the front hold better in turns.. that is my problem the front just seams to slide.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
I have solo mach exhaust will it fit? And will this make the front hold better in turns.. that is my problem the front just seams to slide.
Yes, the Pro-beam has fit with every exhaust so far, Magnaflow, DDMworks, Billy Boat, SOLO, etc.

The installation of the Pro-beam makes for a crisper turn in and makes the back feel more planted, this along with a good alignment do wonders for the cars handling.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If i order now when should i expect del.

·
Super Moderator
15,937 Posts
;) I finally got a chance to do a stress test on my newly installed DDM beam. Prior to the install, I was having problems with the rear end moving around in a circular manner when pushed hard on uneven pavement. Today I did over 100 miles and stressed it pretty well. It now drives dead straight and has no more wobbling on the rear end. It is a much tighter feeling car now. I am very happy. The best bang for the buck investment I have made yet on my GXP.

Good job guys.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
;) I finally got a chance to do a stress test on my newly installed DDM beam. Prior to the install, I was having problems with the rear end moving around in a circular manner when pushed hard on uneven pavement. Today I did over 100 miles and stressed it pretty well. It now drives dead straight and has no more wobbling on the rear end. It is a much tighter feeling car now. I am very happy. The best bang for the buck investment I have made yet on my GXP.

Good job guys.
Thanks! There was A LOT of testing put into the Pro-beam, and always great to hear how everyones installs go.

Thanks again for the order!

·
Premium Member
10,281 Posts
How much longer for the second batch to get to us?.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is what i was told on 4-4-08
The next batch is in production already, we are expecting them in 3-4 weeks.

We did a slight modification to the Pro-beam after the first batch - One of our customers has the Thermal Research exhaust and the Pro-beam would not fit without a slight modification, so we were able to make a small modification to the brackets on the Pro-beam to fit that exhaust also. As far as we know now it will fit every exhaust out there now. Also after the initial batch of orders and all of the pre-orders we keep getting we had to substantially increase how many we are making.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a basic question. Is the Pro Beam better than the KappaSphere ReBar? Which makes the biggest difference in the handling characteristics?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts