Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the ddm stage 3 supercharger go with the automatic transmission? I currently have the stage 2 and was just wondering.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Geeeeeee, maybe a call to Dave & Ivy might get you an answer! :brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would like to know as well.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I have a 2009 with auto and Stage 3 ... Love it ! It may depend on model year and type of ECM. Call Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geeeeeee, maybe a call to Dave & Ivy might get you an answer! :brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil:
I just love these type of reply's.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Really, well I am sick and tired of the SOS forum posters that can not/will not do the right thing!!!! :brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil::brentil:

So There!!!
Well I am sick of tired of guys on this forum being a smarta$$

your just wasting my time being a d*ck. Im not on this forum all day like u, I actually have a life

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Okay everyone...let's bring this back to a CIVIL discussion..k? Thanks

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
< sticks his toe in the water..... pulls it out.

It's all good guys. Let's have fun with the cars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2007 automatic with the stage III and trifecta tune. It runs like a dream!!!!! What a sports car should run like. Dave, Ivy and the folks there will always take care of you. Go for the upgrade, you will be amazed at the difference in performance.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I sympathize with him though - I have always wondered why people post questions on public fora, when the best they can get back is someone else's best guess, instead of a fast email to the source for the definitive answer. Laziness?

Would you decide on medical therapy by polling your friends, or would you ask a doctor?

Do you really want to know what someone else thinks MIGHT be the case, or do you want to know what the real deal is (a fast email to Dave gets answered very quickly).

Just saying....

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
The auto actually accepts more abuse than the 5 speed. You dont have to change out the clutch with the auto.
Is that true though? My understanding was that with the GMPP tune, the torque is dialed back on the auto's by the factory, since they can't take as much stress as the manual boxes.

From the press announcement:
• 2007 & 2008 Solstice/ Sky Manual 290 Hp @5200 rpm and 340 ft-lbs @3600
• 2007 & 2008 Solstice Auto 290 Hp @5200 rpm and 325 ft-lbs @3600
• 2008 HHR SS Manual and Auto 290 Hp @5200 rpm and 315 ft-lbs @4800

(GM Performance Division :: Breaking Stories)

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
And don't forget that the manual trans itself is pretty rugged - it is the guys who slam shifts and ruin clutches by slipping them that cause the maintenance issues. If you don't drag race and know how to properly drive a manual box they should last very well indeed.

For drag racing, I'd go with the auto. For solo or road racing forget the autos and get a manual trans.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well I am sick of tired of guys on this forum being a smarta$$

your just wasting my time being a d*ck. Im not on this forum all day like u, I actually have a life
That's why you were given the advice to go right to the horses mouth. A quick phone call to DDM and you would have your questions answered definitively, instead of going by what Joe Blow said on the internet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts