·
AKA SolWhat?
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post this over here, from Dave Michel on facebook. via Robotech:

Robotech said:
A little message I caught today on Facebook from Dave at DDM works:

Quote:
The MP62 kit is coming back this year and will be at nationals in Colorado this year, FYI. We will also be bringing another forced induction option for the 2.4L and our Centrifugal Rotrex kit to that event as well, along with another option, possible 2 for the 2.0L. Lots of love this year for the Kappas
You now know as much as I do.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sigh

Didn’t your momma teach you anything

The internal combustion engine is 1800 tech by your measure
it is and its not, the roots styler supercharger is an outdated design by modern standards, just like carbs are compared to fuel injection. we dont pay money to put carbs on our cars do we? I'm not saying its terrible, I'm just saying.. there's newer technology out there that is way way better suited for our modern motors.

·
Super Moderator
16,044 Posts
Lots of old engineering still works very well

A pencil for example.

Just because it’s old does not make it bad

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Lots of old engineering still works very well

A pencil for example.

Just because it’s old does not make it bad
I use a fountain pen as weapon of choice every day - good nineteenth century technology. And easier on the environment - no used up ballpoint refills cluttering up the landscape, just the odd empty bottle of ink that is recyclable.

But then I prefer vinyl LPs to digital, so.....;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
guy's im not saying the mp62 kit is garbage. I'm just saying there are newer style blowers out there better suited to supercharging a small displacment motor, and that the roots style blower is simply a step backward. I think its great DDM and the others make stuff for our cars, and I'm not knocking them at all, and it seems you guys would rather just have a roots blower. Thats cool too. I'm just trying throwing it out there that there's better stuff.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Hence my copying part of Dave's FB post: "We will also be bringing another forced induction option for the 2.4L"

If he's bringing the MP62 back, and already offering the Rotrex, than what other kind of forced induction option does that leave? A 2.4, turbo kit? If so, what turbo would be a good match for the 2.4/LE5?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My guess is th e k04 kit. 6 psi on the 2.4 would make a fun street toy. I have sold my NA but may consider another if these kit are available.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
My guess is th e k04 kit. 6 psi on the 2.4 would make a fun street toy. I have sold my NA but may consider another if these kit are available.
Some have used the K04, but it is a little out of optimum for the larger NA engine. Easy to find turbo for play toy - sure. Right turbo for anything more serious - maybe not. The tech geeks can offer opinions on that.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Any new rumors?

BTW, when it comes to two or three lobe, or screw type superchargers, how do you choose the one that works the best for a specific application? Is it based on the displacement of the engine or the displacement of the supercharger, or both?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts