Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
It is more efficient at higher boost levels than the m62. Once you get lower than a 2.7" pulley the m62 tends to just generate heat. Not sure if it adds anything to a 2.4 because I am don't know that a 2.4 will hold together at those higher boost levels

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Goggle/Facebook + DDMWorks = DDMWorks May 30 at 3:45 PM · Come see us and get your free shirt so you can register to win $100 DDMWorks gift certificate !! - Maggie Valley Fairgrounds, Slingshot Roadster Event

·
Registered
353 Posts
Goggle/Facebook + DDMWorks = DDMWorks May 30 at 3:45 PM · Come see us and get your free shirt so you can register to win $100 DDMWorks gift certificate !! - Maggie Valley Fairgrounds, Slingshot Roadster Event
OK, googled and found the link, but no extra information listed

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
OK, googled and found the link, but no extra information listed
Sorry, I posted that to indicate that that was the last posting listed when I checked DDM FB from work. I just checked FB DDMWorks again and see nothing regarding new power options being introduced or available. It's pretty much a yes or no question. Either DDM revealed new power products at the nationals or they didn't.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Posted by DDM to the SkyRoadster forum 10/1/18

Hello Everyone, just checking out the forums this morning and came across this thread. yes, we were at nationals, but we could not get our trailer up to the top of the parking deck and worked outside in the lower parking lot. As most of you suspect, the Slingshot and other platforms are really hot right now and the majority of our focus is on those other platforms that are still being produced. That being said, we are still working on Solstice/Sky products, but at a slower rate than in the past. The supercharger kit casting we needed did come back, but the first batch needed some tweaking and those are being redone. The turbo kit we have been developing for the Slingshot took a lot more of our time than we thought it would also, which pulled any development on the Solstice/Sky during that time. That turbo kit for the Slingshot is up and going now though and we are waiting for the new castings for the supercharger kit and then on to the other projects for the 2.4 and 2.0.

Anyway, that is a quick update, we will of course announce anything new when it is ready to ship, but have no timeframe we are giving at this point.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
So what do you suggest?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
So what do you suggest?
Wow, I could have swore I posted a reply.

Regardless, not much you can do other than wait, or call DDM and make your wants know. I believe there is still interest, but the question is, is there enough interest for a vendor to make a business case.

If you are a DIY the cars are getting cheap enough where you can pick up a rebuilt salvage one (or high mileage one) for 3 to 4 thousand dollars. Then buy a used V8 for several hundred more and get it running for five to six thousand? Again if you do it all yourself and go with a carb instead of FI, no air or traction control, etc.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts