Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I dropped my 08 gxp off at ddm works to have the happy meal installed. This included the ddm works intercooler, gt 2871 turbo upgrade ,charge pipes and synapse bov, and the tune. Also got the fender well trim kit. (very effective). Dual stage powder coat in midnight blue for the charge tubes and coil cover. Wow what a difference! Had the gm upgrade prior and that was great, but now the car is wide awake. Sustained and steady 25 psi is now the norm, and have seen 26 psi on a few occasions. The car is awesome and very quick, not just 0-60 but well past that. Not only did they do a great job at a reasonable price, but dave and ivy delivered the car personally to my home at 8:30 pm on a Thursday night. Very impressed with this level of service! Additional thanks to asap graphics who provided the silver hood liner solstice letters and blue mirror fuse box cover. Really completes the look. Nice! Will post pics when my son visits as he can and I cant! Could go on forever but will wrap it up by saying if you want a great look with maximum punch at minimum buck than ddm works is who you should be working with. They are knowledgeable at commited to the solstice community. Have fun out there!!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
DITTO!
I purchased my GXP Coupe in June of 2010 and with the exception of tire and wheel mounting, Dave @ DDM has done everything listed in my signature. Welcome to the GT2871 Club. I highly recommend you consider an AEM Water/Methanol kit. Dave installed and set mine up with the 2871 install. It starts spraying at 11 psi of boost and ramps up the pump to 350 gps when at 18 to 30 psi. The chemistry and physics of the water/meth is a little complex but in short, you get the equivalent of 108 octane race gas and cylinder temps are lowered by at least 100 degrees F.

Not only is the service at DDM great, Dave's overall LNF knowledge is incredible. I'm now at ~400 rwhp and have reached the engine's design limits until I beef up the internals. That's next on the list.

Enjoy and BE CAREFUL!

·
Registered
676 Posts
feels like you need a good clutch to really be able to take advantage of the 0-60 times lol

the car definitely pulls harder with the 2871, but is obviously laggier. Hard to keep up on twisty roads where you are in and out of the throttle, however you definately catch up on the straights!

I had one of the first 2871's on my sky. I thought it was worth the money.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Congrat's. Sounds nice. There hasn't been a whole lot of feedback on the 2871 in the community. How much later does the car built boost than the stock K04?
Not sure without water/meth but with the AEM water/meth kit it holds 30 psi all the way to the rev limiter which I had Dave set to 6700 until I beef up my internals (30 psi per my AEM TRU Boost Gauge). The only reason I reference the rev limiter is because if you flinch, you're on it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Have to agree they ROCK!!! Just finished my install of the Stage III supercharger, with some timely help from Dave. It moves from the git go. 15.5 pounds of boost, and pulls like a dream. Thanks DDM never disappointed!:thumbs::cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto on the 2871 and DDM!!!

I installed the 2871 this winter, along with the Snow Performance water METH kit and a lot of other goodies from the 12 days of XMAS. The 2871 does not spool as fast which I knew, like Vince said, can’t have your cake (HP) and eat it too… The tune (Trifecta) is tweaked now with the injection turned off, now we start tweaking with the injection turned on and going to use Select-A-Tune option. Hopefully by mid summer I’ll get it up to get a Dyno, I’m curious what this has on the engine and wheels now. I have an automatic (I know, wife insisted, only road block she has to me buying the car:() and when I punch it around 35mph and get past the little bit of LAG, I get a nice chirp from the tires, something I never had with the other turbo. I too would recommend the 2871, but I would work up to that first, the pipes, IC, high flo, etc….

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have no tune.
DDMWORKS still rocks. A 10+
LLLFLY

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have to agree, DDM rocks! You couldn't ask for better customer service. Every time I've called, they have taken the time to answer whatever question I have, as if I was their only customer. As a result, I will do whatever I can to support such a great vendor. I started out with the charge tubes, then got the 2871 upgrade kit, probeam, backbone, LV brace, dual gauge A pillar pod, and will keep adding goodies until they run out!!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Man, I'm really tempted to make the trek down to SC for some work. Does anyone know if they open on the weekends? I know they're a small shop so it's a stretch but I really think making a weekend trip out of it would be worth it for the clutch and to have Dave work his magic fingers on my tune.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Man, I'm really tempted to make the trek down to SC for some work. Does anyone know if they open on the weekends? I know they're a small shop so it's a stretch but I really think making a weekend trip out of it would be worth it for the clutch and to have Dave work his magic fingers on my tune.
Heck at least you are lucky enough to be close to DDM...

I have to drive a day to get to them..:( I would give them a call first and make an appointment, I do believe they are open on Saturdays, donno about Sundays...:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
... Not only did they do a great job at a reasonable price, but dave and ivy delivered the car personally to my home at 8:30 pm on a Thursday night. Very impressed with this level of service! ... Could go on forever but will wrap it up by saying if you want a great look with maximum punch at minimum buck than ddm works is who you should be working with. They are knowledgeable at commited to the solstice community. Have fun out there!!
I agree with your (re)view of DDMWorks (Dave and Ivy) they are awesome to do business with and I only wish they were closer to the Canadian border as it is about 15 hours to their shop from my home. I did make the trip along with 2 other Canadian Kappa owners to their shop a couple days prior to the Asheville NASSM to get a Stage 3 clutch installed and some other stuff. Was one of those bucket list things to do as a Kappa owner - visit DDM in NC! check! Of course if they were closer, I'd be broke!:yesnod:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like DDM too! I bought the LV Brace for my GXP and it actually fit perfectly and I could detect a difference in the handling right off.

Thanks!

Russ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts