Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2008 Pontiac Sostice in Victory Red
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone that has a DDMWorks center console, tell me the measurement between the cup holder and the drop down to the parking brake?

I鈥檓 trying to decide if I can fit a wireless charger mod in that space...

TIA! 馃ぉ

Tanya J

Premium Member
Can someone that has a DDMWorks center console, tell me the measurement between the cup holder and the drop down to the parking brake?

I鈥檓 trying to decide if I can fit a wireless charger mod in that space...

TIA! 馃ぉ

Tanya J
View attachment 108261
The measurement you show with your fingers is 2 1/2". You might want to pop the cover off and check the depth. The DDM works cover is no higher than the OE cover, just wider on the drivers side. I'm just guessing here but I think you will be OK if the wireless charging port is no more than 1" to 2" deep. Your OE cover just pops off, no screws to undo. grab it at the back edge and pull up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
2.5鈥 as my fingers show or 2.5鈥 on the DDMWorks version?
Thanks!
TJ

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
2 1/2" on the DDMworks version between the cupholder and the drop-off to the brake handle recess.
Excellent!! Thank-you! i Think it will 鈥渏ust鈥 fit!
Actual size of the Scosche universal mount, without the bezel is 4 7/8 x 2 5/8 x 1/2.

Super stoked to bring my girl into the modern age!

(New stereo/Bluetooth/backup and front cameras/USB connections to be installed on the 23rd!)

Yours,

TJ 馃槑

Premium Member
Excellent!! Thank-you! i Think it will 鈥渏ust鈥 fit!
Actual size of the Scosche universal mount, without the bezel is 4 7/8 x 2 5/8 x 1/2.

Super stoked to bring my girl into the modern age!

(New stereo/Bluetooth/backup and front cameras/USB connections to be installed on the 23rd!)

Yours,

TJ 馃槑
Since your mount is going to be very close to the dimensions you state you need and the dimensions of the DDMworks console, I figured I better enclose some photos so you can be sure of the fit. It actually is not 2 1/2" as I stated but a little less. Maybe the pictures will help. The cupholder lips you see are my addition but are the same size as the DDM cupholder lips.

Attachments

Registered
There is a central bundle of wires under there, running along the top of the tunnel. So even if there's a good enough width, there probably isn't enough depth!

Premium Member
I think soup is right. there is not a lot of room underneath that cover and the DDM cover is no deeper, just wider. If you have to cut into the cover, I would first pull the cover off and take a look under there. There is room to run wiring but not much else.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think I should maybe request the cup holder as a a blank fiberglass?? Might be easier to modify?

Premium Member
Probably would be much easier to modify. the area where the cup holders are in the DDM console has to be at least 2" to 3" of empty space to accomodate the cup holders. I would call DDMworks and ask about not cutting holes for cup holders. They are a reputable company and have always bee accomodating to me when I called about anything. I have the DDM console and now have five cupholders in a two passenger car. As a side note, If you want a really nice cupholder for the passenger side, Check out the SANTANA cup holder. Much prettier and much more reliable than the OEM passenger cup holder.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Ok! Thanks!! And I鈥檒l look into that Santana cup holder!

Registered
If it doesn't work out in the center console, you might consider building a wireless charger visor.
It's a charger and mount (4 really powerful magnets hold the phone securely)

This was prior to a skim coat of body filler and paint.
It's installed now and works great.

Premium Member
If it doesn't work out in the center console, you might consider building a wireless charger visor.
It's a charger and mount (4 really powerful magnets hold the phone securely)
View attachment 108278
View attachment 108279

This was prior to a skim coat of body filler and paint.
It's installed now and works great.
Always worried about powerful magnets near my phone. No bad effects there?

Premium Member
Do you think I should maybe request the cup holder as a a blank fiberglass?? Might be easier to modify?
One thing I forgot to mention. If DDM sells you the console cover without cupholders, you can always add them later. You would just have to cut the holes and add the cup holders. DDM does sell them separately I believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts