Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce another new product for the Solstice/Sky. It is a 4 into 1 Header designed for those that are, or will be making serious power with their Kappa's. Here is some information:

4-1 Header:

The header is a 4 into 1 design using 1 ¾” primary tubes to a 3” formed collector. One O2 sensor bung is located in the collector. The flange is a V-band style for a great seal as well as ease of install and adequate clearance. This header is specifically designed for use with a supercharged ;) or nitrous injected engine, and to allow a balance of low end torque and hi RPM horse power.

A combination of Mig and Gas welding is used to build the header. The tubing and collector are nice and thick 14 gage mild steel (.083 wall thickness). The header flanges are 3/8” laser cut mild steel. The V-band flange and O2 bung are also mild steel. The primary tubes range from 20 ½” to 27 ½”. Though this is not an “equal length” (“tuned”) header, care was taken to reduce the amount of bends for a balance between optimal exhaust flow, appearance and fit/clearance. The collector is 5” over-all to allow ease of installation. With the hi-flow cat converter attached, the collector is extended an additional 8”, for a total of 13” overall.

Price - $435

Hi flow cat

The high flow cat is a hi-flow converter using a spiral wound metallic core substrate and flows approximately 525 cfm. The body is made of 409 stainless steel. The inlet is 3” 304 stainless steel and the outlet is 2 ½” stainless steel. One 304 stainless O2 bung is welded behind the converter body. A 2 ½” stainless extension with ball/socket and collar will be included.

Price - $285

“off-road” pipe

An “off-raod” pipe or “extended hook-up pipe” (without cat converter) can also be ordered.
Built as converter above with 3” inlet and 2 ½” outlet.

Price - $230

We will also offer O2 sensor extension cables for $55 to extend both O2 sensors, this makes it a true plug and play set-up.

We are going to be offering doing an introductory price on this set-up. The regular price will be $720 for the header and high flow cat, however the first 5 sets will go out the door for only $647!:cool: If you are one of the first 10 DDMWorks supercharger owners, give us a call, we are going to do something a little better for you!

We have included a couple pics of the system for everyones enjoyment. One pic is of the header, another pic is of the entire system, and one pic with a Focuztech header for comparison. You can really see that this thing is made to flow some air and make some power!

As usual if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Take Care,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Any dyno runs showing before and after?

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap! I will get some posted up here next week once we get back from a little R&R this weekend.

Dave

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hello Everyone,

As usual if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Take Care,
Dave
OK, Dave! Here's my question:

What would it cost me (rough estimate) to have your shop install the S/C, headers, and cat, assuming I can get my car to SC from TX? (Road trip!! :D)

I've started the "Forced Induction Fund" and am trying to put together an approximate bottom line for this benefit.

Thanks.

--Chemist

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, Dave! Here's my question:

What would it cost me (rough estimate) to have your shop install the S/C, headers, and cat, assuming I can get my car to SC from TX? (Road trip!! :D)

I've started the "Forced Induction Fund" and am trying to put together an approximate bottom line for this benefit.

Thanks.

--Chemist
The superchargers are $3295 and the exhaust is $720, but on sale for $647 if you get in on the first set of 5 that we ship or install. There is another individual that is purchasing a supercharger kit in Texas, I will have to see how close he is to you. I am thinking that if we find one more person is going the supercharged route, we can come to Texas and have an install party. :party: I would definately consider doing it if we are installing 3 kits, and wouldn't hesitate if we did 4 kits. Lets see what we can put together:thumbs:

We did the install in just a little over 3 hours yesterday, so doing 4 kits in a weekend is definately possible, and that would be a very fun weekend!

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are they coated with?
We offer them in ceramic coating, we have access to several different coatings for them, so if you want something particular, just let us know!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Go for it, Byron...you won't regret it!

However, if you don't do it yourself we can't compare "war stories"!!

Jackknife

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Go for it, Byron...you won't regret it!

However, if you don't do it yourself we can't compare "war stories"!!

Jackknife
Jackknife,

It is definitely in my plans. But you know the old German proverb: "Man plans, God laughs." :lol:

Dave,

I really appreciate the offer for a local install! Unfortunately, I'm paying off two weddings (one son, one daughter) and $20+ of dental reconstruction on my daughter right now. It will be a while (15-18 months) before I can get supercharged. :) The nice thing about that, of course, is that you will no doubt have the intercooler option by then! :D Regardless, this is something I REALLY want to do to my car. Lord willing, it will happen! :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
310 Posts
Jackknife,

It is definitely in my plans. But you know the old German proverb: "Man plans, God laughs." :lol:

Dave,

I really appreciate the offer for a local install! Unfortunately, I'm paying off two weddings (one son, one daughter) and $20+ of dental reconstruction on my daughter right now. It will be a while (15-18 months) before I can get supercharged. :) The nice thing about that, of course, is that you will no doubt have the intercooler option by then! :D Regardless, this is something I REALLY want to do to my car. Lord willing, it will happen! :yesnod:

--Chemist
Byron,, It is not hard at all..... My son and I would be glad to help you install it...

Really .. not a big deal.... bolt on is an understatement...... yes we all had MINOR issues, but with a phone call all was resolved...

I hope to make it to Kerville... I will show you all the issue there.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Dave,

Let me ask you a question just about the header/cat combo. What cutting/forming/etc. needs to be done to the exhaust line to install your long tube headers and catalytic converter? I've done a shorty header/cat replacement, but that was just undoing and replacing nuts on studs (and replacing gaskets). With your header/cat, I assume I have to cut my exhaust pipe and weld the provided extension/ball socket on to mate with the cat pipe. Is this essentially correct?

--Chemist (I'm a theoretician. :D)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dave,

Let me ask you a question just about the header/cat combo. What cutting/forming/etc. needs to be done to the exhaust line to install your long tube headers and catalytic converter? I've done a shorty header/cat replacement, but that was just undoing and replacing nuts on studs (and replacing gaskets). With your header/cat, I assume I have to cut my exhaust pipe and weld the provided extension/ball socket on to mate with the cat pipe. Is this essentially correct?

--Chemist (I'm a theoretician. :D)

Pretty much:cool:

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Might be a good time to add a resonator, I imagine she'd be pretty loud compared to where I am at now.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The header definitely adds some sound to the exhaust under full acceleration, maybe its time for another video....

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
The header definitely adds some sound to the exhaust under full acceleration, maybe its time for another video....
I don't mind the sound under full acceleration. It's when you cruisin around or at highway speed. If I could keep close to the sound I have now when cruisin'....I'm being tempted:devil: sound clip might be nice. :cool:

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Oh by the way I took a look at the header in my car and now understand just how much space the header actually takes:yesnod:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Install

The superchargers are $3295 and the exhaust is $720, but on sale for $647 if you get in on the first set of 5 that we ship or install. There is another individual that is purchasing a supercharger kit in Texas, I will have to see how close he is to you. I am thinking that if we find one more person is going the supercharged route, we can come to Texas and have an install party. :party: I would definately consider doing it if we are installing 3 kits, and wouldn't hesitate if we did 4 kits. Lets see what we can put together:thumbs:

We did the install in just a little over 3 hours yesterday, so doing 4 kits in a weekend is definately possible, and that would be a very fun weekend!
Dave,
I would fit in here .... after hearing all the good things said about this s/c I don't think I can wait until next year. ... I live in Baton Rouge but would drive to Texas for the install (hopefully not too far) .... where is the person that is definitely getting a S/C live ... I travel to Texas a lot anyway .... see my signature for what I currently have for mods .... I would really like to get the LT header and cat combo but would need to modify my SQR-2 exhaust to accept that ... and I don't really want to do that so I guess I will get the hiflow cat and shorty headers from Solo Performance ... I'll get my ECM from PCMforless ... he has one waiting for me. .... so keep me in mind if you are going to make the trip to Texas .... or PM me ... and maybe I need to contact you via phone to discuss.

Mike ... aka 1KULSOL

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dave,
I would fit in here .... after hearing all the good things said about this s/c I don't think I can wait until next year. ... I live in Baton Rouge but would drive to Texas for the install (hopefully not too far) .... where is the person that is definitely getting a S/C live ... I travel to Texas a lot anyway .... see my signature for what I currently have for mods .... I would really like to get the LT header and cat combo but would need to modify my SQR-2 exhaust to accept that ... and I don't really want to do that so I guess I will get the hiflow cat and shorty headers from Solo Performance ... I'll get my ECM from PCMforless ... he has one waiting for me. .... so keep me in mind if you are going to make the trip to Texas .... or PM me ... and maybe I need to contact you via phone to discuss.

Mike ... aka 1KULSOL
>>>>>>>>> BUMP >>>>>>>>>>>> :cool:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dynos!?!?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts