Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DDM Venom Front chassis brace is a joint venture between Forum member LatinVenom and DDMWorks to stiffen and improve the front end chassis of your Solstice/Sky. LatinVenon originally saw the need for a brace located in the front of the engine bay, that was positioned between the front frame rails for added rigidity and response. By building a prototype and adding a cross section between the front frame rails he noticed better turn in and increased responsiveness when attacking the twisties.

The pricing is $105 for Black, Red, or silver and if you want to paint your own, pick up a raw version for only $95.

Front Chasis brace, Solstice and Sky

So now we have worked with him to bring this brace to the masses using CNC laser cut steel that is fully TIG welded together to form a strong, sturdy brace. We then finish the brace with a off with a beautiful yet strong protective powdercoat finish. Simple but effective, get a LVFCB "Venom Brace" today!

Customer Comments:

"I went for a spin and went to a couple of my favorite corners and all I can say is WOW! What a difference. The car turns into the corner with a more positive feel, like its on a rail. The front tires have more grip and it tracks through the corner with much more authority" jinks- (KP)

"I have DDM Works Pro beam, Backbone, Kappasphere Eibach Springs and now with the LV Brace my car seems to turn on a center pivot. Went over the Railroad tracks crossing and again a complete different solid feeling... Haven't tried it yet on higher speeds but I'm sure this new installation is a major plus to my car..." MARVIC1(KP)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Contrats VM and DDMWorks....I love mine.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I already have the pro beam and backbone. So this will just complete things. This is great news!!! I have reached out to Ivy to add this to my installs in Asheville!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Whats required to install? Do you have to drill holes? Is install hardware included?:willy::willy::willy::willy:
On the beam/rails the there are threaded holes already in place that came that way from the factory. I'm sure install hardware is included and DDM's instructions provided with every part ordered are well written and explain the process in a user friendly way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I already have the DDM cross bay brace; would this be redundant or do the two braces serve different purposes?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yea Dave, if you could provide some info on that I would greatly appreciate it. Over bracing would be wasting money and provoke unwanted permanent over steer if you stiffinthe front to hell. Balanced bracing is key.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excited!!!

Sorry, had to include that in the quote, love the movie and the gif!

Whats required to install? Do you have to drill holes? Is install hardware included?:willy::willy::willy::willy:
The installation hardware is already on the car, similar to the backbone, except here we are not replacing something, but using existing hardware to add something to the car.

I already have the DDM cross bay brace; would this be redundant or do the two braces serve different purposes?
I would think it to be redundant, but there have been several people that have installed the Venom Brace after adding the cross bay brace and said it was worth it.

Yea Dave, if you could provide some info on that I would greatly appreciate it. Over bracing would be wasting money and provoke unwanted permanent over steer if you stiffinthe front to hell. Balanced bracing is key.
Actually stiffening the front leads to understeer and stiffening the back leads to oversteer, but balance is the key!

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the Bar installed in no time.
Did it my self.
Great mod a 10+.
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
For most people it should take less than 30 minutes.
Some folks have done it in about 15 or less.
DeepBlueGXP also says if you use ramps it makes it even easier although not necessary.
I have attached the original installation instructions but certainly Dave can modify it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I already have the pro beam and backbone. So this will just complete things. This is great news!!! I have reached out to Ivy to add this to my installs in Asheville!!:thumbs:
Did that last night too!

That will make the "trifecta" of braces! :willy::willy::willy:

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For most people it should take less than 30 minutes.
Some folks have done it in about 15 or less.
DeepBlueGXP also says if you use ramps it makes it even easier although not necessary.
I have attached the original installation instructions but certainly Dave can modify it.
Yeap, we updated the instructions a little bit for the first braces that are shipping out. We are taking some pictures to add to the instructions also and will be out with the next revision.

Here is a link to the current instructions for the brace:

http://ddmworks.com/instructions/sol_sky/LVFCB_REV_A.pdf

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will this fit on a 2.4L DDM supercharged car?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Sweet! This is a must have if you have larger size plus rims on your car or have your ride lowered. It will need more structural frame support. I'm all in on this one. Next paycheck, I'm ordering one of these. It's about time someone made a simple design like this one that doesn't interfere with the hood or top of the engine area for spacing. :) No cutting holes in my fender covers too. That's always a plus.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Excellent timing for those going to NASSM 2012.

Nothing like getting the trifecta of braces done all at one time!!! :willy::willy::willy:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts