Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a sign of the covid times charge pipes I ordered from DDM are back ordered since June 3rd. I can’t blame them for supply problems what i have problems with is i can’t get a response with my order status via several emails and the voice mail box is constantly full. I can’t even leave a voice message.

As an alternative I called the tech line and they picked up via forwarded call during lunch (wow), i could hear the noises of a greasy spoon dinner in the background.

I don’t know what going on with DDM as I have always been happy with there products and service. But this last order has me very hesitant to order from them again.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Are you 100% sure that you're emailing/calling the right things? I have NEVER had a problem with Dave not answering me. I called him one night at 9:30pm to leave a vm and he answered. I've sent several inquiries and they've been answered within minutes. I do know the only time that he may not answer is if he's at a show for one of the cars he supports.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought my Solo Exhaust from them. Called to see if it was in stock and they picked up right away. Just a single data point here but I found them extremely responsive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In fact I just called them right now and someone picked up on the 3rd ring.
  • 864-438-4949
Sounds like the problem might be on your end. Maybe change the title of the tread?

·
Administrator
8,961 Posts
As a sign of the covid times charge pipes I ordered from DDM are back ordered since June 3rd. I can’t blame them for supply problems what i have problems with is i can’t get a response with my order status via several emails and the voice mail box is constantly full. I can’t even leave a voice message.

As an alternative I called the tech line and they picked up via forwarded call during lunch (wow), i could hear the noises of a greasy spoon dinner in the background.

I don’t know what going on with DDM as I have always been happy with there products and service. But this last order has me very hesitant to order from them again.
I agree with @The_Ghost about DDM.

What were you told when they did answer the phone?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
This does NOT sound like the DDM that I'm familiar with, I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues.

DDM, PAW, RPM - These are all small companies that make specialty parts for our cars in a market where hardly anyone else does. We should be fortunate and grateful for the time they spent in R&D on their products from charge tubes to turn key V8 packages. Over the years I've noticed that parts go on back order all the time as these companies have items made in small batches, sell them, and then order more. Just wait, the charge tubes will be in, in no time. My charge tubes were on backorder when I ordered them years ago too.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had better luck getting a hold of Dave on the FB groups than emails. I just tag him in the conversation and he responds very quickly, but that's usually for the one off questions. I've emailed them a couple times before on some more involved product issues and I think they might always have some back log there, as it usually took them at least a few days to a week or so to respond each time. Still though him or his wife always responded and were very attentive and honest.

As far as the charge pipe delays, that's been an ongoing issue with most of their products for over a year. They have had quite a few of their products on backorder for some time now. It's a supplier issue I've been told. I'm sure that DDM would love to ship out as many parts as possible as they aren't doing themselves any favors by having them on backorder instead of being sold to customers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the last email i sent to DDM after 3 calls over 3 days going to a full voice mail and 3 emails not be responded to.

My goal is to not bash DDM as the tech line picked up during lunch (big win) and they have always been great in the past. They have something going on if I can’t reach anyone in sales. The goal of this tread is to just set expectation on the auto parts delays.

I fully understand delays because of staffing or back orders as the world is upside down and will continue to be for the viable future.

For proof i can provide phone logs and email correspondence me asking for status. I have not had any email asking for status returned in weeks. My goal is just to see if my order is still active or has been canceled as they notified me it was back ordered and asked if i wanted to keep the order open. No answer to any emails.

The only thing still outstanding that i care about is just some charge pipes.

—— An edited email chain ——
Date: Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: Possible Delays from DDMWorks Re: Backorder Notification for DDMWorks # DDM- 281xx
To: Sales DDMWorks <[email protected]>

please check your voice mailbox i can’t even contact you by phone.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 10:40 PM Sales DDMWorks <[email protected]> wrote:
We are experiencing a high volume of email requests at this time. We are doing our best to answer in a timely manner, however, delays can be expected. Thank you for your patience.
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: Backorder Notification for DDMWorks # DDM- 281xxxx
To: <[email protected]>

Yes, please proceed with the order. What’s the the current status ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder why you can't get through to them on the phone. I just tried again and they picked right up. I tried once earlier when I first read this thread, then again when I read your last response. 2/2.
Just call, email is not the best method to get ahold of smaller shops.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder why you can't get through to them on the phone. I just tried again and they picked right up. I tried once earlier when I first read this thread, then again when I read your last response. 2/2.
Just call, email is not the best method to get ahold of smaller shops.
Note: I tried to call 6 times over a several week period. After 6 calls where i can’t even leave a message and emails not being returned I start getting frustrated.

I have owned small business of 10 people or less and I understand that some roles don’t have backup for vacation or unexpected absences.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I've been waiting three months for a couple of Probeams, to be installed on club member's cars. While DDM's communication has been ok... they have been unable to give me an accurate ship date - sign of the times!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DDM did get back to me on Aug 13th the order was still 2 weeks out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Small update. Two minutes ago I just received the last of my order from DDM. Wooooho! They did a nice job splitting up the order and shipping what could.

Closing the circle in the tread they also responded to my email that they had an unknown to them (at the time) problem with the voicemail that’s been fixed.

Now it’s time to install my new toys!

Reactions: sirwm
1 - 15 of 15 Posts